ANALYST, PROSPECT SYSTEMS, DUKE HEALTH
School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Reporting to the Director of Prospect Systems, Analyst, Prospect Systems is the secondary administrator of the patient development database (Salesforce) and will assist the Director in maintaining and managing data between hospital patient database (Maestro), Salesforce, and University development database (DADD). Perform a variety of duties of a complex and confidential nature involving the collection, interpretation, analysis and documentation of biographical and financial data on prospective donors, including alumni, patients and organizations in support of Duke Health Development and Alumni Affairs (DHDAA) fundraising goals.Work Performed:
Salesforce Administration (35%)
- Assist in maintaining, creating and updating user roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, etc.
- Responsible for the accuracy, quality, integrity and definition of internal data collection and internal code structures.
- Assist in design, configure and maintain business specific programs within DHDAA’s Salesforce account, in conjunction with internal staff and external partners, with attention to long-term organizational needs.
- Participate in all aspects of Salesforce releases, including feature review and impact analysis, planning, designing, building, testing, deploying, supporting and documenting.
- Assist business administrators and Salesforce developers with the configuration and support of the Salesforce Orgs, as well as related Salesforce applications.
- Troubleshoot issues, provide recommendations, and implement solutions in the areas of data integrity standards, data quality and overall Salesforce system usage.
- Assist and perform testing and validation processes, including UAT and Quality Assurance, in Salesforce and integrated systems.
- Assist in training, informing, and supporting users regarding system functionality, enhancements, system configuration and best practices.
- Assist in any efforts to resolve production incidents.
- Manage request/incident ticket tracking system. Reports metrics.
- Continuously seek cost-effective solutions for improved functionality, automation, and efficiency.
In collaboration with the Director of Prospect Research and Director of Business Intelligence:
- Assist in managing the data on grateful patient metrics, key performance indicators, and other development-related activities (both annual giving and major gifts)
- Assist in developing and maintaining reports, dashboards, and data visualizations for presentation and analysis to DHDAA leadership, staff, and board.
- Work with internal teams to understand and resolve specific data collection and/or analysis needs. Sometimes represent Prospect Development on other committees related to information technology, particularly involving patients and Salesforce.
- Assist in assessing technological needs of DHDAA and assist in implementation and training with newly adopted tools.
- Assist to ensure that adopted technology meets Duke security standards.
- Deploy innovative methods to identify new prospects for Duke Health by proactively gathering, interpreting, and analyzing biographical and financial data on current and potential donors/grateful patients/prospective donors.Validate capacity screenings for accuracy on a high volume basis.
- Conduct research to prioritize gift officers’ work. Assess donor/prospect interest in various programs across Duke Health, including the School of Medicine, School of Nursing and Health System. Capture pertinent information in a succinct manner and determine gift capacity ratings using various research tools, such as specialized subscription databases, print publications and Internet research.
- Respond to inquiries for prospect information as it pertains to patient connections from Duke Health Development staff in a timely, accurate manner. Assist in implementation and training of new prospect management processes and onboarding training for new staff
- Assist in ensuring the health of the grateful patient prospect pipeline through prospect management, prospect pool management and coordination with major gift officers, DHDAA Research, and Duke University Alumni Engagement & Development. Ensure proper protocols are adhered to and identify training opportunities for DHDAA staffParticipate in Prospect Management Working Group (PMWG) meetings and take notes regarding strategy and next steps, prepare necessary lists and agenda for PMWG meetings as neededMaintain tertiary PMWG database (MS Access) of prospects and next steps as needed.
- Manage and manipulate data, including creation and administration of local databases, extraction of information from the central Duke Alumni Development Database (DADD) and Salesforce, and reconciliation of related data between the systems with varying tools like Excel, DemandTools, Python, etc... Analyze and segment prospect pool for care area units to maximize gift potential from patients, alumni, and friends using statistical tools and techniques, including data mining, predictive modeling, RFM scoring, affinity scores, and regression analysis. Assist to resolve technical issues with software vendors/contractors.Compile and format patient prospect lists for major gift officers to engage physicians. Design queries, verify results and generate reports to assist in pipeline development efforts and to provide business intelligence. Maintain and adhere to HIPAA and Duke Health policies and procedures.Assist with the oversight of patient extracts from DHTS Analytic Center of Excellence. This includes regular updates to optimize the queries to ensure we are receiving the correct patients and clinical encounters.
- Coordinate with the Director on the preparation and distribution of reports and other grateful patient-related material to development officers.Maintain current and accurate biographical and prospect information in DADD and Salesforce by editing biographical data and forwarding other updates, such as obituaries, to Alumni Donor Records. Update opt out coding in DADD, Salesforce, and the Duke University Health System patient information system, Maestro.
Marketing and Strategic Planning (10%)
- Assist in analyzing solicitation and gift data to provide forecasts and projections of performance by campaign priorities, schools and units.Assist in analysis of historical fundraising and gift officer performance data to inform strategic planning.Assist in developing acquisition and engagement strategies for new and existing donors. Development, creation, and clean-up of acquisition mail and email lists from Salesforce is a vital duty. As well as assist in capturing the results of the mailings via Salesforce Campaigns object.
- Assist in creating, implementing and coordinating standards in Annual Giving processes and procedures.
- Communicate and present findings and recommendations to colleagues and leadership.
Maintain documentation of procedures and processes for assigned duties.
Perform other related duties as assigned or organization evolves.
- 1 year (2 – 3 preferred) related and relevant experience preferred
- Ability to communicate/translate complex data to diverse audiences
- Experience with Salesforce; Salesforce Administrator Certification or willingness to pursue the certification preferred
- Prior experience in database administration, migration, and ETL processes preferred
- Prior experience in a nonprofit or philanthropy environment preferred
- Good interpersonal skills, sense of urgency, and ownership
- Project Management-excellent organization, prioritization, follow-up, analytical, and time management skills
- Dependable, with strong work ethic, initiative, and personal integrity
- Solid understanding of nonprofit organizations and business processes, particularly prospect management and research. As well as the tools used in screening and research
- Advanced computer skills. Intermediate to Expert level Excel experience preferred. Familiarity with software like DemandTools, Smartsheet, and Lucidchart.
- Interpersonal Communications - the ability to effectively engage and communicate with non-technical staff on the execution of solutions to various needs
- Basic understanding of statistical concepts
Work requires the skills and knowledge normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree.
Work generally requires one year of experience in development research or a related field. Work experience in research methodology strongly preferred. OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.