PROSPECT MANAGEMENT and RESEARCH ANALYST, DUKE HEALTH
School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
The Prospect Management and Research Analyst plays a proactive role in the identification of potential prospects in support of the fundraising goals and objectives of Duke Health Development and Alumni Affairs (DHDAA). As part of an integrated Prospect Development team that encompasses business intelligence, reporting, and prospect research, this individual will build strong liaison relationships with colleagues across DHDAA, collaborative partnerships with Duke Alumni Engagement and Development, and support important initiatives related to campaign planning and the integration of a data-driven approach to fundraising. The Prospect Management and Research Analyst will have career development opportunities and will be a sponsored member of professional organizations, including the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement.
Prospect Identification and Research: 40%
- Facilitate the identification of grateful patient/alumni prospects and dissemination of information pertinent to fundraising partners. Follow-up as needed, track progress, identify efficiencies, and benchmark with peers.
- Leverage the patient development database (Salesforce) and Duke Alumni and Development Database (DADD) reporting tools to create innovative methods to identify new prospects for Duke Health. Conduct research on current and potential donors to prioritize gift officers’ work using various research tools, such as specialized subscription databases, print publications and Internet research. Determine gift capacity ratings by gathering, interpreting, and analyzing biographical and financial data. Develop concise, accurate written reports.Conduct analysis of prospect inclination, affinity and capacity and recommend prospect assignments and quality prospect pools to development officers.
- Monitor news alerts for Duke Health alumni, prospects, deceased prospects, and potential donors.
- Facilitate ad-hoc vendor wealth screening to identify and prioritize prospects.
Prospect Management: 40%
- Meet with assigned schools/teams to fully comprehend and gain thorough knowledge and understanding of departmental goals, priorities and strategic plans.
- Facilitate strategic conversations with development offers regarding the management of prospects, pipeline development and portfolio strength that ensures the adequate and timely flow of prospects through the prospect cycle and viable portfolios.
- Assist in the preparation for and follow-up from prospect portfolio meetings.
- Participate in onboardings/trainings for new staff and help facilitate the departing officer process as needed.
- Communicate with fundraising teams to collect feedback on internal prospect management tools to facilitate enhancements/improvements.
- Participate in relevant working groups in DHDAA and Duke Alumni Engagement and Development.
Data Integrity: 20%
- Ensure that current and accurate biographical information is recorded in DADD
- and Salesforce and coordinate with system administrators to update records as needed.
- Provide oversight of and feedback on prospect strategy documentation in DADD and Salesforce working under guidelines governed by departmental procedures.
- Adhere to HIPAA guidelines regarding the use, storage, and dissemination of patient data and monitor CRMs for compliance.
Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and familiarity with development, research and prospect management practices Excellent electronic research and report writing skillsAbility to work collegially and communicate effectively with a diverse constituencyExperience using specialized search tools such as Lexis-Nexis and WealthEngine preferred Strong analytical skills to analyze large volumes of information from disparate sources and synthesizing it in a cogent and concise formStrong experience using Microsoft Office software, especially Word and ExcelAbility to work independently, prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines with a strong work ethicExperience constructing and executing database queries Ability to build strong partnerships with internal clients Accuracy and attention to detail Excellent project and time management skills
Duke Health Development & Alumni Affairs is building a flexible and hybrid workplace . All team members must have access to and maintain a secure home office environment with high-speed internet service and work collaboratively with others using a variety of technologies and tools. Depending on the type of position and work performed, or as deemed by manager, positions may be required to work in an office located in Durham, NC or a surrounding local area.
Work requires the skills and knowledge normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree.
Work generally requires one year of experience in development research or a related field. Work experience in research methodology strongly preferred. OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.