Permanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?:
Admin Support Associate - JourneyWorking Title:
Program AssociatePosition Number:
P012836Budgeted Hiring Range:
$20,349 - $25,589; prorated salary range for .625 FTE/25 hours per weekPay Band Information:
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.Salary Grade Equivalent:
Part-Time Time-LimitedIf time-limited, estimated duration of appointment:
3 yearsHours per week:
Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 3:00pmDepartment Name and Number:
Slavic Eur E Europ Stds Ctr-313700Date First Posted:
Chapel Hill, NCPosition Posting Category:
Administrative/Clerical SupportDepartment Description:
Founded in 1991, the Center for Slavic, Eurasian, and East European Studies (CSEEES) is one of the oldest area studies centers at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. The center plays a critical role in meeting the university’s internationalization objectives and bolstering its global reach through instruction, curriculum development, exchanges, teacher training, conferences, and public outreach. With over 40 affiliate faculty members, the center is home to the REEES Concentration in Global Studies MA Program and serves as the hub on campus for graduate and undergraduate students interested in Russia, East Europe, and Eurasia. In addition, the Center is the administrative home of the new UNC Russian Flagship Program. This federally funded initiative supports undergraduate students of all majors to attain a professional level of proficiency in Russian through intensive language study at Carolina and abroad, individualized tutoring, internships, and co-curricular activities.Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Position Description:
The Program Associate in the Center for Slavic, Eurasian, and East European Studies (CSEEES) provides administrative and logistical support to implement core Center programs. The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with CSEEES staff, faculty, and student organizations to organize and implement year-around programming
- Coordinate and plan Center sponsored events on campus
- Provide on-site event support (coordinate bookings, catering, setting up event space)
- Help plan and coordinate outreach and student recruitment activities on and off-campus
- Draft and design program communication (in-print and digital)
- Distribute communications through Center listservs and social media
- Assist with data collection and report writing
High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Professional experience in organizing events and supporting program implementation.
- Proven ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Academic training in Russian Studies.
- Experience developing and writing social media campaigns.
- Experience working with college students.
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities including faculty, staff, K-12 educators, representatives of government agencies, and the general public.