UTS-Temporary Accounting Pool at UNC Chapel Hill
Temporary Staff (SHRA)Job Title:
UTS-Temporary Accounting Pool at UNC Chapel HillDepartment Name:
HR UTS PartnershipVacancy ID:
S017887Position Posting Category:
$15.00 - $20.00 per hourFull-time/Part-time:
Full TimeWork Schedule:
Typically M-F 8am – 5pm, PT as wellEstimated Duration of Appointment:
Occasional/IntermittentPosting Open Date:
06/01/2021Posting Close Date:
06/29/2021Description of Work:
Thank you for applying with University Temporary Services! Please note, this application is the first step in the process for being considered for accounting roles at UNC Chapel Hill. This is not a specific position but rather, an application showing your skill set and interest in becoming a candidate for consideration with UTS.
The Accounting Tech may perform one or all of the following tasks:
- Monitor and reconcile PCard transactions for PCard holders
- Process invoices for payment through voucher system
- Initiate Requisitions, Journal Vouchers and IDTs
- Prepare deposits
- Maintain files and reconcile transactions
- Process student worker and temporary hiring/modification/separation actions, and serve as timekeeper
- Initiate summer salary and other additional compensation actions
- Assist with coordination of activities between faculty and staff and College Business Office
- Assist with Contracts and Grants
Associates Degree and one year of experience in accounting work; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with financial transactions.
- Proficiency in and experience using MS Excel for budgeting and accounting.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
N/AEqual Opportunity Employer Statement:
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Stimulus/ARRA Funded:
NoSpecial Instructions :
UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State University are collaborating to extend NC State’s internal temporary staffing function as a shared service for both institutions. Under this partnership, UTS provides exclusive temporary staffing services to UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State, employing candidates to work as temporary employees in a variety of jobs on both campuses.
If interested, please apply here: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/144801Temporary Employment Policies: