UTS -Temporary Bilingual Outreach Facilitator at NC State University
TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
The More In My Basket (MIMB) program conducts, in English and Spanish, delivery of outreach information, programming, eligibility screening, and application completion assistance for eligible audiences. This position is responsible for promoting collaborative relationships to create, expand, and sustain opportunities to provide MIMB programming, and providing eligibility screenings and application assistance.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develop partnerships
• Serve as primary point-of-contact for Latino-serving MIMB partner programs
• Develop and maintain a roster of partner agencies to support a program of planned contacts
• Travel to the participating counties at project start-up, and on an on-going basis to facilitate outreach events including providing on-site direct-to-participant bi-lingual eligibility screening and application completion utilizing a laptop, wireless internet connection, scanner, and mobile printer.
• Respond to questions, provide eligibility screenings, and application completion assistance.
• Provide group presentations.
• Ensure that all data collection instruments and procedures meet University guidelines for confidentiality and protection of the rights of all participants.
• Assist with customization and translation of outreach materials, including program evaluation forms to collect the outreach contacts and related data for all participants.
NoJob City & State:
Raleigh, NCClassification Title:
Temporary Pre-Award ConsultantWorking Title:
UTS -Temporary Bilingual Outreach Facilitator at NC State UniversityWork Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm with some evenings and weekend workOther Work/Responsibilities:
Must be self-initiating, be able to multi-task effectively and efficiently in a complex educational/academic environment, and be skilled in managing geographically dispersed programs and partnerships.
Contribute to website blogs based on assessed needs of participants/agents leveraging insights gained regarding additional or different information that is needed.Minimum Experience/Education:
Bachelor’s degree in family and community sciences or closely related field with 3+ years of alternative or equivalent professional training and experienceDepartment Required Skills:
Must be bilingual with English and Spanish proficiency in both written and oral communication.
Experience with programs serving low-income programs and consumers.
A commitment to excellence and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
Good technical skills, including internet technology such as wireless devices, posting to or updating websites, use of social media such as, blogging and tweeting.
Experience with Microsoft Office programs and other relevant software programs.Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
Post-baccalaureate degree in family and community sciences or closely related field
Adobe InDesign software experienceRequired License or Certification:
Valid NC Driver’s license, as this position does involve driving to community events.Valid NC Driver's License required?:
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$22.00-24.00 an hour, DOEJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.