Housing Coordinator (7376C) 18695
Housing Coordinator (7376C) 18695 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: June 2, 2021
There are 3 openings available and the posting will be open until filled.
Residential and Student Services Programs (RSSP) is part of the Division of Student Affairs under the direction of an Associate Vice Chancellor. RSSP provides and manages student housing, custodial and maintenance services, security/safety, capital and minor capital projects, residential education programs, self-operated dining services, campus ID card as well as early childhood & education services for students, faculty, and staff. RSSP also conducts a summer conference and year-round catering/events business and manages faculty apartments. RSSP's annual revenue exceeds $160,000,000, with a $100,000,000 operating budget, and the department employs over 2500 career, limited, contract and student employees creating a “culture of care” for students, guests, customers and stakeholders.
- Provides guidance and student services assistance including specialized student assignments for Students with Disabilities or other identity-based requests , Athletes, Theme program participants and single graduate student apartments. Administers facilities and space logistics, may also coordinate facility tours or maintain organizational website and social media platforms.. Specializes in one or more of these primary functions or acts as back-up.
- Administers a defined operational program or activities which may include some of the following functions: occupancy management, provides clean, safe, code compliant facilities, efficient response to concerns, a high quality experience and focus on customer service.
- Assists with providing student-centered service via phone, email, and in person. Functions as a resource on student, parent, and other institutional issues, including responding to escalated customer service problems.
- Participates in the development and revision of standard operating procedures and guidelines. Under general supervision, provides analysis of moderate operational projects, develops short-term plans. Assesses and recommends changes to maintain compliance with federal and state requirements and internal policies. Conducts trends analyses and helps develop resulting recommendations.
- Gathers and analyzes financial and other resource data; prepares reports or analyses of operational activities, evaluation of current and proposed services, etc., for internal/external constituencies' review and decision-making. May purchases supplies, reconcile accounts, coordinate travel arrangements and reimbursements.
- Serves on committees or work groups, representing department/unit.
- Some overtime and travel may be required for outreach, recruitment and meeting crucial deadlines.
- Working knowledge of or can quickly learn common campus-specific and other computer application programs, including Microsoft Office Suite, Starrez, and other computer application programs.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, National Collegiate Athletic Association regulations CAA, and California rental laws/guidelines.
- Knowledge of local housing market trends.
- Ability to develop and provide public speaking presentations representing housing at university events.
- Displays attention to detail, solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Customer Service experience working with public clientele such as staff, faculty, families, students and parents.
- Successful collaboration in a team environment on day-to-day support.
- Demonstrated flexibility balancing programming and other operational challenges.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Two+ years' experience in a University setting interacting with families, students, parents, faculty and staff in a front facing unit and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This is an hourly position, commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
A valid driver's license and DMV check for driving record is required.
This position is governed by the terms and conditions in the agreement for the Clerical & Allied Services Unit (CX) between the University of California and Teamsters Local 2010. The current bargaining agreement manual can be found at: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/labor/bargaining-units/cx/index.html
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter required to report the observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, or elders to designated law enforcement or social service agencies. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon completion of signed statements acknowledging the responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=18695&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency