Financial Analyst 3 (7709U) 18916
Financial Analyst 3 (7709U) 18916 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: June 7, 2021
The mission of Student Affairs Finance is to provide accurate and timely analysis and support that clients can trust. Our value added services are forged through strategic partnerships that empower our clients in their decision making to enhance the student experience.
We are looking for staff who embody our aspirational culture to create a great workplace where staff trust the people they work with, take pride in what they do, and feel a sense of community in support of the student experience.
- Applies professional concepts to perform moderate to complex analysis to understand past performance and determine present and future performance and/or resource allocations.
- Provides analytical support for complex budget, financial, or resource analysis projects.
- Provides department support in the areas of business process analysis and design, system or procedure testing and implementation, documentation, security, workflow, and customer feedback.
- Coordinates and implements department budget allocations, conceives of and maintains department chart of accounts or other data management tools, and related business processes.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial and/or resource plans, including annual resource allocation approaches, trended future requirements, operating forecasts, sources and uses, et cetera.
- Performs complex financial or resource research and studies for a variety of internal department constituents.
- Examples include generating, modifying, and conceiving of new financial or other resource reports, or analyzing and forecasting staff/faculty salary budgets, contracts, grants, gifts, endowments, or user fees.
- In order to enhance job expertise, each employee will own their professional development (PD) plan, which can include: participation in training, such as attending classes, system-wide or campus training; project specific assignments; or serving on departmental or campus-wide committees.
- Has thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
- Has ability to independently gather, organize, and perform financial analysis assignments. Requires ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of or ability to quickly learn Campus (Oracle based) budget planning, accounting and financial reporting systems and any related inquiry and report generation functions.
- Demonstrated ability to produce graphic budget and financial presentations, high quality handouts, other financial summaries and/or reports, and metrics that help frame the state of their client's financial status.
- Must have advanced computer skills that include but are not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite of Products, ERP, Database tools, Excel skills that include pivot tables, vLookups, hLookups, and using spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports.
- Demonstrated business partner support experience.
- Strong customer service skills, capability to interact with diverse groups and/or individuals at all levels within the organization.
Education / Training
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or related fields, and/or equivalent years experience/training.
- 3-5 years of direct, progress growth in financial planning and analysis experience.
- Advanced degree (MBA) and formal edition or experienced in finance is preferred and/or equivalent years experience/training.
- Experience in processing monthly financial journal entries
- Knowledge and experience in fund accounting.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Hiring range is up to $98,900/annually. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time career position
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=18916&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency