Administrative Assistant III, President's Office
Administrative Assistant III, President's Office
The President's Office team serves the University and the President in all efforts to achieve the University's mission.
The President's Office is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant who is highly adaptable and has a relentless spirit of optimism to serve as a vital member of the team. The Administrative Assistant will foster a welcoming and inclusive experience when greeting guests, answering telephone calls and emails, managing requests for information and with all interactions with university constituents. With limited supervision, good judgement and initiative, this position provides timely and exceptional administrative support on a variety of duties that ensure the effective functioning of the President's Office on a day-to-day basis.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
• High energy and an indefatigable spirit of optimism.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact regularly with the campus community and the public.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise good judgment.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work with constant interruptions, while still being productive.
• A sense of cooperation, cohesiveness, and teamwork.
• A keen sense of urgency, while maintaining a calm demeanor.
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and software systems.
• Champion of university diversity efforts.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
• Serves as key contact for the office by greeting guests, answering phones and emails, managing requests for information, and determining methods and priority for responding.
• Maintains calendar for the President’s office activities and space use, and may provide scheduling support for the President and Board of Regents.
• Creates or develops correspondence and communications.
• May process and synthesize documents in preparation for meetings and engagements.
• Conducts financial tasks and may be responsible for some financial processes and Procard related duties.
• Coordinates office catering requests, and may support other sponsored events, including coordination of invitations and attendee tracking.
• Responsible for office supply ordering and inventory management.
• Places and tracks service requests, and ensures safe and functioning office systems and spaces.
• Maintain files and records, in paper or electronic form.
• Able to develop and maintain SharePoint sites.
• Coordinates student workers.
• Contributes to the overall success of the President’s Office and the University by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Two (2) years’ post High School education.
• Two (2) years’ experience in an administrative support role.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Three (3) years’ experience providing senior level administrative support.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize resources and establish priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
• Proven record providing excellent customer service.
• Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
• Demonstrated experience using MS Office suite, including SharePoint.
• Experience exercising discretion and maintaining confidentiality.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work typically performed during standard business hours. May require occasional evening and weekend hours to complete tasks. Occasional travel may be required. This position will have responsibilities which require travel to all 3 campuses. Office may be located in either Stockton or Sacramento.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/19138
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency