Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator
Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator
Under the direction of the Benerd College Dean and designees, The Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for developing, planning, coordinating and implementing communications and marketing strategies to support Benerd College and its Affiliates. The position is focused on increasing the visibility of Benerd College by promoting all degree programs and non-credit programming for increased enrollment. The Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator will work with internal and external stakeholders to elevate the profile of Benerd College by dissemination of programmatic information through various communication channels.
As part of and in alignment with university-wide marketing and branding, the coordinator:
1. Develops and implements a comprehensive strategic communications and marketing plan for Benerd College to increase enrollment for both all degree programs and non-credit programs, boost alumni engagement and fundraising; ensures Benerd College plans are aligned with University’s marketing and branding strategies.
2. Works with internal stakeholders to develop and execute recruitment initiatives focused on boosting enrollment across all degree programs and non-degree programs.
3. Collaborates with the Dean, senior leaders, faculty and staff to execute the marketing plan, which can include, but is not limited to:
• Internal communications such as newsletter, blog, dean’s communication, intranet pages, videos, letters, faculty and staff accomplishments and recognitions, speeches and remarks.
• External communications such as social media, web pages, blog, videos, testimonials, magazine, newsletter, brochures, postcards and other print and digital collateral, and special events.
• New program launches: required marketing for start-up phase and long-term retention.
4. Works with Benerd College designee to prioritize daily work; may attend periodic meetings with Enrollment Management and/or Strategic Communications to review workplan and progress and to ensure communications and messaging are consistent with the University’s brand.
5. Works with the University’s other schools and colleges, University Development and Alumni Relations, and Office of External Relations as necessary to leverage and coordinate outreach efforts to students, alumni, employers and community organizations.
6. Oversees Benerd College and its affiliates websites and social media channels ensuring they are aligned with University’s brand and guidelines for content and design; follows University guidelines for maintaining and updating messaging, content, design, photography/videography and following ADA accessibility guidelines, and uses analytics to track usage and usability.
7. Develops metrics and uses analytics and other measurement tools to track marketing progress; reports outcomes according to established schedules and refines/adjusts plan as needed.
8. Selects contract videographers, video producers, freelance writers, photographers and other creative professionals from University approved list of freelancers.
9. Shares and coordinates marketing plans with other units to leverage and share print and digital assets including content, photos, videos, faculty and staff experts and media opportunities. Cross promotes social media and website content.
10. Stays abreast of best practices in digital and social media, design, writing and multimedia content with peers, aspirants and other public and private Universities, non-profits, organizations, and businesses.
11. Assists in the planning and execution of events, fairs, and other outreach activities that promote Benerd College and its programs.
12. May participate in University’s regularly scheduled 3-city Integrated Communications Team meetings as well as other pertinent marketing related meetings (social media brown bag meetings).
13. Performs miscellaneous and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Two (2) years of experience in marketing-communications.
• Experience in higher education, education, non-profit or cause-related marketing, fundraising preferred.
• Experience working with a Content Management System.
• Experience in developing marketing communication plans with measurable outcomes.
• Experience using social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube) and developing and producing content, videos and photos for social media.
• Experience in photography and videography, including shooting, editing and production.
• Excellent writer and storyteller adept at writing creatively and quickly for a variety of media.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, make independent decisions and exercise sound professional judgment in the performance of areas of responsibilities.
• Demonstrated experience working with minimal direction in complex, matrixed organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong relationships with university leadership, faculty and staff and the capacity to work as a contributing member of a team.
• Demonstrated ability and maturity to work with ambiguity and use sound judgment in decision making.
• Outstanding writing, editing, grammar, proofreading and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in videography and photography; highly adept at quickly producing high quality content for the web and social media channels.
• Strong technical skills and familiarity with Adobe and Microsoft environments including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as experience with Word Press.
• Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional office hours, evenings and weekends, as needed, for programs, events and other assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours with the exception of special events, meetings, and other activities scheduled on evenings and/or weekends. Travel to other campuses in Sacramento and San Francisco on occasion.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/19106
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency