Under close supervision, the Benefits Representative is responsible to support the Human Resources Benefits team.
1. Provide customer service to the front desk for benefit related questions.
2. Submit benefit related educational articles for publishing in the PacificInsider, a weekly electronic newsletter.
3. Update benefit websites and other benefit documents and communications to reflect plan changes and updates.
4. Daily monitoring and response to the employee benefits email.
5. Daily monitoring of HR Admin role tasks in the benefits portal.
6. Recording and publishing of committee meeting minutes from University Compensation Committee.
7. Provides backup for timely reconciliations of benefit billings; including processing invoices for payments, benefit deductions, general ledger accounts, bank statements, and retirement accounts.
8. Conducts research to resolve issues or problems related to billings, enrollments, deductions and other benefit inquiries.
9. Works with benefit related database, developing spreadsheets and adhoc reports.
10. Process and/or validate benefit enrollments into HRIS to ensure accurate payroll deductions.
11. Provides retiree benefit support and streamlined communication for retiree enrollment process as needed.
12. Acts as a liaison with third party administrators, insurance carriers, consultants and employees regarding enrollments and claim issues. This includes oversight and processing of electronic data transmission for, but not limited to, Health Savings Account funding, Flexible Spending Account funding, retirement salary reduction agreements and Evidence of Insurability.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
This position serves as Campus Security Authority (CSA) as outlined by the Clery Act. CSAs have federally mandated responsibilities to report crimes that are reported to them.
• Forty eight (48) units of completed post high school education coursework. (Two (2) years of full time experience in the same/similar position is equal to one (1) year of completed post high school education coursework.)
• One (1) year of experience in Benefits Administration.
• Work experience and knowledge of benefit account reconciliations.
• Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task to meet deadlines.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Banner, Argos, and Content Management System (CMS) experience a plus.
• Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed during standard business hours.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/19102
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency