Adjunct Instructor/Trainer - Industrial Process Control Technology
Rhodes State College invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Adjunct Instructor. Adjunct Instructors are those persons employed to provide instruction during the academic year dependent on the teaching needs of the College. To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts when completing their online application.Duties & Responsibilities
- Teaches in the area of PLC, Instrumentation, Process Troubleshooting, analog controls or related topics that support incumbent worker training and the emerging workfor
- Teaches and facilitates non-credit and credit Engineering Technology courses in flow and pressure control applicable to chemical, food, and water treatment plant processes.
- Prepares and develops outlines, training manuals and materials.
- Provides consulting services to clients/customers as required.
- Instructional times vary and include daytime and evening courses.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Previous experience in an Industrial/Manufacturing setting with tangible knowledge and skills in Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and related content preferred. Previous teaching experiences a plus. Familiarity with west central and northwest Ohio business/industry community is desirable. Demonstration of initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Requires team skills, effective communication skills, a friendly, outgoing, responsible personality, and a detail orientation.Education & Certifications
A combination of education and experience in process control both analog and digital, process troubleshooting, and PLC programming. Applicable technical training in the area of instruction can include a BS or AS degree in Engineering Technology, Journeyperson certification, or other technical experience. Credentials will be reviewed to determine eligibility to teach credit or non-credit courses.