- Serve as Chief Academic Officer for all academic areas and functions of the UMT University, including faculty, academic programs, academic staff and activities of the undergraduate and graduate programs of schools/institutes.
- Provide leadership and coordination to ensure excellence in academic programs and to support and expedite the academic functions of the University.
- Promote excellence in teaching and scholarship.
- Provide leadership and direction to the academic division for development and recommend policies and procedures for strategic planning and institutional effectiveness.
- Implement, follow up and further develop systematic quality assurance work, and encourage a quality culture both internally and in collaboration with central contributors in the professional field in order to contribute to high quality and relevant education programmes.
- Develop R&D-based education and strengthen the relationship between research and education.
- Encourage greater focus on the further development of the learning environment and flexible learning and forms of assessment.
- Further, develop the Department of Learning Centre and Library’s roles and services.
- Network with key partners in the education sector, business and industry, and public authorities.
- Provide leadership for academic programs planning, educational policy, program assessment, faculty evaluation and faculty development.
- Provide leadership for the accreditation process and uphold academic standards set by professional accrediting bodies.
- Possesses the vision to guide the Schools academic programs into the future.
- Works with the teaching staff in the development of the educational program.
- Represents UMT as Pro-Rector at internal and external meetings and conferences, workshops and events as assigned
- Participates in open and closed sessions of Higher Education Commission as per requirement.
- The candidate shall have PhD degree duly recognized by Higher Education Commission.
- Age shall not be more than 55 years at the time of application.
- Shall have minimum 15 years of progressive academic leadership experiences across multiple facets of higher education administration.
- Should be well aware of the dynamics of Higher Education, its emerging challenges and current advancements. Must be well acquainted with its structure, system and practices
- Demonstrated abilities in academic administration, including teambuilding and the ability to work with diverse groups
- Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence, innovation and scholarship
- An intellectual leader; distinguished teacher and scholar with academic vision, who can articulate the transformative potential of university research, education and service.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills and well-developed problem-solving skills.
- A motivated person of great enthusiasm and integrity.
Apply for Provost/Pro-Rector
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly