Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-038504 Job Title
Coordinator of Sport ProgramsAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Recreation CenterProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Coordinator of Sport Programs is responsible for elevating, delivering, and managing an innovative, comprehensive Sport Programs (Intramural Sports and Club Sports) that meets the demands of a diverse University community while promoting our mission. This position maintains responsibilities related to program implementation, personnel management, budget management, and risk management. This position reports to the Associate Director.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement, and oversee the day to day operation of Sport Programs (Intramural Sports and Club Sports) in accordance with established industry and safety standards.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule, evaluate, manage payroll, and mentor all Sport Programs staff and graduate assistant.
- Advise, mentor, and train all club sport officers and leaders, including, but not limited to, member recruitment, opponent and field scheduling, club promotion, budget management, equipment management, risk management, and travel.
- Develop, implement, and communicate policies, rules, and procedures to ensure safe, inclusive, and educational sport programs
- Develop and monitor the Intramural Sports budget (~$60,000) and Club Sports budget (~$12,000)
- Manage the inventory, maintenance, and purchasing of all equipment.
- Assist with the advertising, branding, promotion, and outreach efforts
- Utilize various technology platforms to manage staff, participants, and program
- Instruct American Red Cross CPR/AED/FA courses. (must obtain within the first 6 months of employment and maintain)
- Assist in collecting and analyzing participant and staff satisfaction/needs to measure program effectiveness, and implement new initiatives and long/short-term goals.
GENERAL DEPARTMENT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Demonstrate commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and contribute to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Support and align with department mission, vision, values, and strategic plan
- Serve on department committees, and collaborate with other Campus Recreation program areas and campus partners
- Night and weekend hours as needed
- This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain programs
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience/Knowledge/Skills: Two (2) years of related experience in sports program management in a collegiate, community, or private setting (undergraduate, graduate assistantships, and internships are acceptable).
- Physical Requirements: Move equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Master’s degree in Recreation, Kinesiology, Sports Management, Higher Education, or related field.
- Demonstrated Intramural Sport and/or Club Sports experience.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
- Supervisors 15-20 Officials, 5-10 Sport Program Supervisors, 1 Graduate Assistant, and Support Staff
- Office environment/fitness center environment
- Non-smoking environment
- Low to moderate noise
- Local, regional and national travel as applicable
- Evening or weekend work as required
- Sitting at desk or table for at least 50% of the workday
- Standing or walking for at least 50% of the workday
- Repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement (while operating computer equipment)
- Bending and stooping as required
This represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus all employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.