MarComm aims to strengthen DU's strategic position locally, regionally and nationally through data-driven and authentic storytelling across multiple channels with focused support on the university's value drivers: academics and research; enrollment and admissions, athletics and advancement. Whether through public or media relations, digital strategies, social media, print, podcast, issues or crisis management, community relations or thought leadership and training, MarComm drives results through narratives that involve words, pictures and design.
The Business Coordinator acts as the administrative resource to the Division of Marketing & Communications staff as it relates to the business operations of the department and the university. Reporting to the Director of Operations/Budget Officer for the Division of Marketing & Communications, the Business Coordinator will assist with projects and processes related to the recruitment and hiring of staff, expense tracking, reporting and processing, purchasing/procurement, and will serve as the Division of Marketing & Communications first point of contact for other faculty and staff campus-wide. The Business Coordinator applies best practice guidelines, policies and procedures related to business practices and internal control procedures. The Business Coordinator will also perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mail distribution, filing, note taking and scheduling.
- Front office phone reception, directing calls and taking messages as appropriate, greets visitors and directs needs to appropriate University resource and contact;
- Assists with requisitions, purchase order updates, vendor invoices, and direct pays working with appropriate budgetary guidelines;
- Initiates workflow process for contracts and work orders for legal approval;
- Coordinates purchasing card transactions, monitors and reconciles departmental purchasing card and tracks receipts and office expenditures. This includes transaction allocations and timelines, ensuring transaction logs and packets are completed with budgetary compliance, signed by appropriate approval order and submitted in the necessary timeframes making any necessary changes online prior to the close date;
- Coordinates and completes all transactions related to employment action requests (PAR/JCR) including posting of positions, scheduling timeline workflow of selection process and assist in coordinating search activities as needed;
- Serves as the recruiting and HR liaison and coordinates the hiring process from posting to onboarding. This includes working with the hiring supervisor and a variety of other staff to ensure that space, technology, other needs are met, facilitating introductions, initiating training/orientation, and otherwise acting as a resource to help new employees feel welcome;
- Maintains office supply inventory, coordinates office supply ordering and department facility requests and coordinates, and maintains equipment inventory, re-purposing of equipment, refresh dates and procurement of new equipment working with IT and Procurement departments to adhere to University guidelines/workflows;
- Leads all team building event and activity coordination;
- Assists Director of Operations with vendor management coordination including, but not limited to contract review and markups, contract and purchase order scope changes;
- Assists department staff with meeting and room scheduling;
- Assists the Division of Marketing & Communications with note taking at meetings and sending meeting minutes and recaps;
- Maintains the Divisional email address and ensures emails are answered and routed appropriately;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- 2 years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Bachelors degree.
- 3-5 years of administrative experience.
- Experience working in a higher education institution.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The hourly range for this position is $21.00 - $25.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.