Job location: Charlotte, NC Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.Job Description Summary
The Center for Private Business is a team-oriented organization driven by our mission and values. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging that empowers team members to grow and thrive as valued members of our team. Team members at the WFU Center for Private Business also care deeply about the organization’s mission of supporting and serving privately held companies in North Carolina.
The Charlotte and Western Carolina Market Leader will oversee and have responsibility for member
prospecting, recruitment and retention, as well as continued relationship management and development for the Center’s Charlotte and Western Carolina regions.Job Description
Prospective Member Management
1. Manage all tasks related to prospecting and recruitment of new members with strong attention to diversity, equity, and inclusion
2. Maintain a prospective member pipeline that has a strong focus on creating a diverse and inclusive CPB membership community
3. Seek out and pursue prospective members for membership
4. Manage all communications to prospective members
5. Clearly and accurately describe the Center’s functions, value proposition, and upcoming programs to prospective members
Existing Member Experience Management
1. Host annual membership calls to gain relevant information about the membership experience 2. Facilitate ongoing needs assessment of members and relay feedback to the team 3. Provide ongoing assistance to all members to maintain excellent satisfaction and retention 4. Provide continued stewardship of regional members throughout the year
5. Attend Center programs
1. Utilize Center CRM tools to log membership notes and information.
2. Send members and prospects upcoming event registration and information using Center CRM tools.
1. Incorporate the CPB’s DEI Every Day strategy into all responsibilities
2. Assist in the creation of new strategies to recruit and retain new members
3. Assist with educational programming ideation, planning and execution
4. Manage membership activities to align with Center’s budget
5. Provide regional expertise and perspective to the Center team
6. Attend weekly team meetings as a part of the Center staff team
7. Occasional statewide travel required
Responsible for one’s own work.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Bachelor’s degree with experience with privately owned businesses, sales, or related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
● Working knowledge of membership management techniques
● Possesses the savviness to interact effectively and skillfully with business leaders ● Strong attention to detail
● Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community
● Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both verbally and in writing ● Ability to self-direct and organize workflow
● Knowledge and understanding of the business community practices and customs
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Additional Job DescriptionTime Type Requirement
Part timeNote to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.