Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department:
Office of Technology Resources Primary Location:
Staff Job Type:
Full Time Position Close Date:
Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position provides specialized support for personal computers, printers, audio-visual equipment, and other hardware and software systems.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs computer lab hardware, software and peripherals.
- Installs, upgrades or repairs faculty and staff software issues; removes problem software programs; scans for and removes viruses, malware and spyware.
- Installs, maintains and repairs faculty and staff hardware; relocates computers and printers as needed.
- Installs and manages local and networked printers; replaces toner cartridges as needed.
- Provides information technology and audio-visual support for classrooms and campus events.
- Assists students with password and login issues.
- Assists students, faculty and staff with network and wireless connection issues.
- Researches, organizes and prioritizes a list of users requiring system upgrades.
- Evaluates and recommends hardware and software upgrades as appropriate; plans, tests, evaluates and installs equipment and software.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of the installation, maintenance and repair of computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Knowledge of the installation, maintenance, repair and operation of audio-visual equipment.
- Knowledge of IT customer support principles and practices.
- Knowledge of network and server administration principles.
- Skill in the provision of customer support services.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Information Technology Services Director assigns work in terms of very general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include hardware and software installation guides, software usage policies, network usage policies, and department and university policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied specialized systems support duties. Technology innovations and changing user needs contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is provide specialized support for personal computers, printers, audio-visual equipment, and other hardware and software systems. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of a variety of university operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university personnel, faculty, staff, students, vendors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: This position may supervise student workers.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- This position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Pay grade 17.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications accepted until position is filled.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as one PDF attachment to [email protected] with the subject line “10018195 System Support Specialist 5.27.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D