Posting Code: 3100813About Us:
Work type: Classified
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Administration and Business Operations, Facilities Maintenance, Student Services
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
To plan and coordinate equipment and facility set-up for meetings, conferences, and special events; to supervise the maintenance and security of a state building; perform related work.Level Scope:
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.Essential Functions:
60% of the time the Events & Operations Coordinator must:
- Determines equipment and supply needs for scheduled events; inspects room prior to events to ensure proper configurations. Supervises staff to ensure smooth operation of events and resolves questions and concerns. Establishes rapport and maintains communication with facility users to make sure all needs are met. Identifies or anticipates problems and takes corrective action; collects user feedback and evaluates program success and patron satisfaction; recommends methods of improvement. Monitors facility use by individuals; provides leadership and technical assistance to staff and patrons; observes, responds to and reports unusual occurrences; serves as resource for emergency personnel.
- Sets standards for and monitors employee conduct and building operation; develops and prepares facility use and staffing reports; hires and trains staff; recommends changes in policies and procedures; identifies needs and plans and supervises housekeeping, audio-visual, and program set-up.
35% of the time the Events & Operations Coordinator must:
- Provided in the Student Union, Stueckle Sky Center, Alumni and Friends Center, Special Events Center, outdoor spaces, and other campus event facilities and spaces not specifically designated for classroom, athletic, or large-scale performance use.
- Coordinates staffing and equipment for event operations setup, strike, and turn for events occurring in the Student Union, Stueckle Sky Center, Alumni and Friends Center, Yanke, Hall of Fame, Christ Chapel, outdoor spaces, and other user specified event spaces supported by University Event Services; including seating and table arrangements; accounting for audio-visual operations, catering and other identified event requirements
- Working with University Event Services identify and anticipate problems such as room size, catering needs, security requirements, sound conflicts, and takes corrective action
- Participate and support in workplace safety and emergency procedures in the Student Union.
- Supervises and direct staff to ensure smooth operation of events and resolves questions and concerns; establishes rapport and maintains communication with facility users to ensure all needs are met
5% Duties as assigned Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Communication skills
- Ability to assess event set-up needs and requirements
Some knowledge of: supervisory practices, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbersSalary and Benefits:
Experience: resolving customer service problems; developing written reports; operating and maintaining commercial lighting, audio-visual, and sound equipment, materials and common practices used in facility preparation including custodial work.
Hourly rate ranges from $14.11 to $18.81 depending on experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please provide a resume with employment history and a cover letter indicating interest and qualifications.
Advertised: May 28, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time