Job location: University Campus Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Job Description SummaryThe photography/videography assistant student position is a part of the University Communications team and works directly with the art director on photo and video projects. Will often be expected to handle photo shoots independently. Must be willing to be professional and present at various university photo/video shoots and audio recording sessions. Needs to work well with others in a team environment, and take direction and constructive criticism from the art director.
- This photography/videography assistant helps the art director and other staff of University Communications by conducting video shoots, recording audio, editing/archiving video/audio, and other duties as assigned.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters who can handle the demands of important university video/photo shoots, are strong communicators and very detail oriented, and have a passion for video storytelling with a creative eye and an emphasis on the goal of each video shoot.
- Federal Work Study eligibility required
- Experience with videography/photography. Must have professional demeanor and be comfortable working in crowds.
Experience with videography/photography, lighting, and camera techniques preferred. Video and audio editing skills also preferred.
- Experience with digital SLR cameras, manual lens/camera settings, lighting, and camera techniques. Photoshop editing ability, Premier Pro, Audition (sound editing), After Effects, and organization skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants will be contacted by the Office of Communications to conduct interviews. Applicants with a portfolio are preferred, but a portfolio isn't necessary if applicant can demonstrate experience.
Varied for a total of 15-20 hours per week.
May require some lifting, up to 25 pounds. Ability to attend/conduct video/photo shoots on campus.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period