Cardiovascular Device Tech - Heart and Vascular Center (Req3274)Employment Type: Staff - RegularEmployee Class: Unclass Part Time AFSCME HSCBargaining Unit: AFSCMEShift: 1Work Hours: 7:00 am - 4:00 pmHours Per Week: 24FTE: 0.6Location: HSC HospitalDepartment: Heart and Vascular CenterNumber of Openings: 1Starting hourly wage: $17.68Grade: Unclassified AFSCME HSC - N1U17Float: NoRotate: NoOn Call: NoTravel: NoWeekend/Holiday: YesRequisition ID: req3274Position Control Number (PCN): H92656Posting Period: Position is filled inaccordance with AFSCME Article 11. AFSCME bids accepted 5/27/2021 to 6/1/2021. All otherapplications accepted through 6/4/2021.Position Description:
As a member of the health care team, under the direction of a Registered Nurse and cardiologist, the Cardiovascular Device Technologist is responsible for medical device interrogation, monitoring and billing.Qualifications:
- Graduate of an associate degree program in cardiovascular technology or have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in performing EKGs with the ability to recognize arrhythmias and/ or Telemetry Monitoring experience. Certification through Cardiovascular Credentialing International is preferred.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Successfully completes an arrhythmia test, with an 80% overall including 100% on the fatal arrhythmia section.
- Must exhibit knowledge of normal and abnormal EKG findings.
- Must possess the ability to recognize and identify basic dysrhythmias.
- AHA/CPR certification required in Basic Life Support Health Care Provider course as identified by the Heart and Vascular Center/Cardiology Clinic policy. May accept American Red Cross at time of hire only.
- Must have working knowledge to operate a computer in a window based environment utilizing various software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook to produce and manage essential reports and correspondence. Must be able to utilize computer keyboard proficiently
- visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable;
- ability to hear (with or without aides)
- ability to orally communicate
- good manual dexterity
- ability to push, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 30 pounds occasionally
- ability to stand, walk frequently
- ability to bend, reach, stoop, kneel frequently; and
- ability to perform CPR (if a required for position).
- Move quickly from equipment to patient, etc., Device Clinic
- Explain loop recording to process to patients
- Visually able to recognize and analyze cardiac tracings and chart accurately.
Communication and other skills:
- Possesses skill in communications, both verbal and written.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with self-direction and effectiveness under minimal supervision.
- Must possess leadership ability to direct, coordinate, organize, set priorities, solve problems, and make judgments and decisions in a prudent and timely manner.
- Uses verbal and written communication to report data concerning patients to appropriate individuals in an accurate, timely and confidential manner in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional service oriented working relationships with patients, families, physicians, nurses, co-workers, supervisors and others.
- Ability to provide excellence customer satisfaction when presenting information and respond to questions from staff, patient and the general public.
- Ability to deal with confrontation and stressful working environment while maintaining excellence in customer service.
May be exposed to hazardous materials and infectious disease.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request
.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, the Universityof Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. Tofurther this effort, the University of Toledo Health Science Campus MedicalCenter is requiring candidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment health screening requirementswill include cotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other requiredhealth screenings for the position. The employment offer is conditional uponsuccessful completion of a cotinine test and Occupational Health clearance.