Cardiac Electrophysgy NurseEmployment Type: Staff - RegularEmployee Class: Unclass Full Time AFSCME HSCBargaining Unit: AFSCMEShift: 1Work Hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pmHours Per Week: 40FTE: 1Location: HSC HospitalDepartment: Vascular LabNumber of Openings: 1Starting hourly wage: $25.71Grade: Unclassified AFSCME HSC - N1U32Float: NoRotate: YesOn Call: NoTravel: NoWeekend/Holiday: NoRequisition ID: req3273Position Control Number (PCN): H92655Posting Period: Position is filled inaccordance with AFSCME Article 11. AFSCME bids accepted 5/27/2021 to 6/1/2021. All otherapplications accepted through 6/4/2021.
*Through June 30, 2021, UTMC is offering a hiring bonus to recruit Staff Nurses to the hospital. New hires are eligible for a $6,000 sign on bonus for experienced Registered Nurses and $3,000 for newly hired entry level Registered Nurses after the completion of the 180-day probation period.Position Description:
Maintains standards of professional nursing practice and coordinates total nursing care for patients undergoing various cardiovascular diagnostic and interventional procedures. Provides leadership by working collaboratively and cooperatively with other health care members. Considers specific age and cultural needs of the patient when providing care.Qualifications:
- Current RN licensure in the State of Ohio.
- Minimum of 3 years experience related to the care of adult cardiac patient.
- ACLS certification.
- Specialty Certification preferred
- Knowledge of Normal and Abnormal EKG’s, with the ability to recognize, identify and treat
- The ability to work with a very flexible schedule. Must be willing to rotate shifts.
- May be required to assume charge nurse role.
- visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable;
- ability to hear (with or without aides)
- ability to orally communicate
- good manual dexterity
- ability to push, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 50 pounds occasionally
- ability to stand, walk frequently
- ability to bend, reach, stoop, kneel frequently; and
- ability to perform CPR (if a required for position).
Required Communication and other skills:
- Exhibits accuracy, integrity and flexibility; is punctual and dependable.
- Possesses organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work with self-direction and effectiveness under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills; possesses group facilitation skills
Working conditions include but are not limited to an environment of high stress where exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other infectious agents, unpleasant odors, limited space, dust and fumes, variations in environmental temperature, hazardous chemicals, loud noise, radiation risk, laser exposure, physically demanding workloads, heavy lifting of at least 30 pounds but often more. Many repetitive activities and motions such as bending, standing and walking for extended periods of time are required. Some risk of verbal, physical and emotional aggression may be experienced.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request
.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.To promote the highest levels of health and well-being, theUniversity of Toledo campuses are tobacco-free. To further this effort, the University of Toledo Health Science Campus MedicalCenter is requiring candidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment health screening requirementswill include cotinine (nicotine) testing, as well as drug and other requiredhealth screenings for the position. The employment offer is conditional uponsuccessful completion of a cotinine test and Occupational Health clearance.