Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Duke University Health System has opportunities for Experienced Operating Room RNs at our two highly regarded Community Hospitals. Join us and become part of our mission of Transforming Lives Transforming Care.
$15k Sign On and Retention Bonus!
Experienced OR RNs! Use this link to schedule a call with our Periop Recruiter at your convenience: https://calendly.com/julie-hodson/duke-health-recruiter-call
Duke Regional Hospital currently has 13 operating rooms plus two procedural rooms and one cystoscopy room. Our interdisciplinary team performs general surgery, open/laparoscopic, cardiovascular, orthopedics, plastics, neurosurgery, OHN, gynecology, robotic and urology. Join the interdisciplinary team of surgeons, Pas, RNs, surgical technologists, anesthesia technicians, surgical attendants and perfusionists who make our hospital a great place to save lives every day!
Duke Raleigh Hospital has 15 Operating Rooms and 4 Procedural Rooms with Intraoperative CT capabilities and currently averages over 65 cases per day and 17,000 per year. We provide all perioperative specialties except open heart and transplant. Advanced Technology includes DaVinci Robotics. Join our team to experience the atmosphere of a community hospital with the resources and opportunities of the Duke Health System.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
* Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet®organization
* Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
* Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
* Duke University Health System has 6000+ registered nurses
* Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
* Relocation Assistance!
* Nurse Loan Forgiveness!
* Generous Tuition Assistance Programs!
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
* At least one year of previous work experience as a registered nurse is required for a CN2 role.
* Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
* All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
* Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
* BLS (or higher) certification required.
* Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.