The program assistant will assist the MCET Assistant Director with workforce placement for students completing grant funded training. The PA will be a primary contact to assist the students with resume review, to prepare them for the interview process, and will be responsible to reach out to local businesses to identify opportunities for student placement. The position will work with businesses in all three counties and Job Source. This requires contact with the grant strategic partners and some cold calling. Additionally they will represent CSM to the local workforce and will actively market CSM and help connect students with local businesses.
The work schedule for this position is 15 hours per week, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Flexibility is required. Although based out of the Hughesville Campus, the incumbent will work remotely using his/her own computer and phone. The salary is $20 an hour, with no benefits.
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the College's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check and Sex Offender Registry Check.
This position is open until filled. For best consideration, apply by 11:59 pm, EST on Friday, June 11, 2021. The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education and Training
· Associates degree or equivalent
· 4+ years working in a professional office setting
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Capable in resume writing, interview preparation, and job searching
· Knowledge of Tri-County area businesses and support services
· Ability to work with a diverse staff and client community
· High ethics, integrity and confidentiality consistent with the position
· Strong computer skills (MS Office, internet)