Computer Information Technology (Cybersecurity) Instructor (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)
Computer Information Technology (Cybersecurity) Instructor (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)Department:
Computer & Info TechnologyCampus
: Allegheny CampusAdditional Information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than June 15, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a regular full-time tenure-track instructor-level 10 month positions with benefits.
Salary Grade: Per ContractJob Category:
Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic AdvisorEmployment Type:
Regular Full-TimeJob Slot:
2578Job Open Date:
5/28/2021 Job Close Date: General Summary:
The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.Requirements:
Master's degree in Information Technology, Information/Data Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Science or related technology field is required. The faculty member is expected to possess expert level knowledge and communicate concepts at an introductory/intermediate level in technology fields including networking, operating systems, cybersecurity, data analytics, programming and web development. Faculty must be able to teach a variety of methodologies including face-to-face, online, hybrid and video conferencing.
Teaching cybersecurity courses (e.g. CIT-230, CIT-251, CIT-253, and CIT-254) requires cybersecurity experience. Teaching data analytics courses (e.g. DAT-102, DAT-201, DAT-202 and DAT-203, and DAT-281) will require data analytics experience. For courses taught in data analytics, cybersecurity, and/or forensics, preference will be given to applicants with strong competencies in those areas.
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.Duties:
- The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
- Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
- Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
- Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
- Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
- Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
- Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
- Maintain five office hours each week.
- Support the college's goals.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=788
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency