Head Strength & Conditioning Coach/Fitness Center Director
Athletics/Physical Education APPOINTMENT:
Full-time, Administrative, Twelve (12) Months STARTING SALARY:
Commensurate with experience and education INTRODUCTORY PERIOD:
Twelve (12) months AVAILABLE:
July 1, 2021 POSTING DATE:
May 27, 2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Open until filledDESCRIPTION:
Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, serves as the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for twenty-one (21) intercollegiate programs in addition to providing oversight for all activities associated with the ongoing, daily operations of the Fitness Center, a 7500 sq. ft. facility open to the university community.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Coordinates with head coaches, designs, implements and supervises the strength and conditioning programs for all intercollegiate athletic varsity teams; including the management of web-based programs.
- Performs duties associated with the daily operations of the Fitness Center and services provided to faculty, staff and students.
- Teaches in accordance with the assigned load during the academic year.
- Coordinates with the Head Athletic Trainer assists with the rehabilitation programs of student-athletes.
- Oversees student employee management. Includes hiring, training, scheduling, mentoring, and oversight of student-employee staff.
- Manages and directs one full-time assistant to achieve goals of Strength and Conditioning and Fitness Center operations.
- Oversees budget administration for the Fitness Center.
- Oversees strength and conditioning facility cleanliness, equipment maintenance, and purchase schedule.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
: Bachelor's degree in physical education, kinesiology, exercise physiology, or a related field required, Master's degree preferred. Current CSCS certification required, with a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of strength and conditioning coaching experience at the collegiate level required. Must possess First Aid and CPR certification at the time of hire. A valid driver's license is required. Upon offer of employment, a current DMV printout showing a good driving record will be required. The selected candidate must possess the knowledge and ability to design, implement and supervise strength and conditioning programs for a wide range of men's and women's intercollegiate athletic teams, and rehabilitation programs for injured student-athletes with a variety of needs. The successful candidate will have a clear understanding of SCIAC and NCAA Division III rules and regulations, NSCA Professional standards and guidelines, and OSHA Safety and Blood Borne Pathogens protocols. Must possess specific knowledge in areas including, but not limited to: Human Anatomy, Physiology, Biomechanics, injury rehabilitation, nutrition, strength and conditioning, management, etc. The successful candidate must have the ability to provide leadership and direction for staff, student-athletes and the university community utilizing the facility. The ideal candidate will possess experience working with diverse constituencies and sensitivity to multi-cultural issues; ability to work productively in a collaborative environment to meet deadlines. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040. TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter with application. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/ SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=287ab51e-c592-4236-9ab6-10a13fec417a
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency