$67,386.00 - $88,844.00 Annually
6/18/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
College of the Sequoias Community College District is seeking an equity-minded candidate to fill a candidate to fill a full-time, tenure-track position for an Professor/Coordinator of the Dance Program including varsity performance (dance team) and Music Theater Choreography, beginning August 13, 2021.COMMITMENT TO EQUITY:
College of the Sequoias Community College District values the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, gender identities, abilities, and orientations. The District prioritizes applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits a diverse student population brings to a community college. The District seeks to employ faculty members who are equity-minded and value mentorship and working in a collegial, collaborative environment, guided by a commitment to helping all students achieve their educational goals. Ideal candidates will share the College of the Sequoias' commitment to be knowledgeable about and implement equitable learning and teaching methods appropriate to serve its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. College of the Sequoias Community College District is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the District has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. Job Duties
Assignment may include evening classes and teaching at any of our locations in Visalia, Hanford, and/or Tulare. Other responsibilities include participation in the governance of the District by way of committee assignments.
Other responsibilities include maintenance of a required number of office hours to meet student needs, full participation in departmental responsibilities and the willingness to create and/or participate in and sustain an atmosphere of equality which is respectful of diversity throughout our District. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
The candidate must meet one of the following criteria. The degree must be from an accredited institution.
- Master's in dance, physical education with a dance emphasis, or theater with dance emphasis OR
- Bachelor's in any of the above AND Master's in physical education, any life science, physiology, theater arts, kinesiology, humanities, performing arts, or music OR
- The equivalent and
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, social, economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
If claiming equivalency, please complete and submit the appropriate Equivalency paperwork found at: https://www.cos.edu/en-us/Governance/Board/BoardPolicies/Documents/AP%207211%20-%20Equivalency.pdf (Download PDF reader)
. Your equivalency paperwork must be submitted with your application, by the recruitment deadline.
Please submit as a "supplemental attachment" within the "Attachment" section of this application. Desirable Qualifications
The Physical Education Division and Athletic Department is looking for evidence of the following:
- Teaching experience within the area of dance assignment.
- Graduate and/or undergraduate coursework directly related to the teaching of Dance with ballet base; ability to adapt in a wide field of dance styles.
- Experience with instructing and coordinating dance teams with the knowledge of competition, budgeting, and fundraising.
- Experience in choreographing musical productions.
- Ability to teach a variety of Dance classes stressing ballet base. Current courses taught include; Ballet 1-2, Modern 1-2, Jazz 1-2, Tap 1-2, Hip Hop 1-2, Contemporary, Improvisation, Choreography 1-2, Production, Commercial Dance, Music Theater Dance, Dance History and Varsity Performance.
- Ability to make a positive contribution to the instructional program at College of the Sequoias by: developing instructional activities; updating course syllabi; writing course outlines; developing rubrics; calculating student learning outcomes; and working with college wide internet programs such as Canvas and CourseLeaf.
- The ability to foster and maintain relationships with the local dance community with the hope of recruiting dance students to the College of the Sequoias.
- The position also requires balancing the Dance Department budget; developing and utilizing publicity; ordering and maintaining costumes and props; updating equipment; producing and directing two Dance Concerts a year; sponsoring workshops with guest artists and running summer dance workshops.
- Demonstrated contribution to collaborative relations with students, faculty and community.
- Interest in exploring innovative ways for meeting the educational needs of students pursuing a community college education.
- Successful experience teaching students of ethnically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Evidence and ability to address the needs of diverse and frequently underprepared student populations taking a wide range of college level course.
To be considered, applicants must submit ALL of the following required material before or by the filing deadline: Online COS applicationDiversity Statement (included in the Supplemental Questions)Letter of interest (Cover Letter), which addresses the Desirable Qualifications.ResumeUnofficial copies of transcripts of college/university work. (If transcripts are not in English, include a summary of courses and grades). Official transcripts are required upon employment.Equivalency documents (if necessary)Two (2) recent letters of recommendation addressing pertinent experience or equivalent competencies. If submitting confidential recommendation letters from a third party, please have letters emailed to [email protected]. Please do not submit a reference list in lieu of letters of recommendations.
For questions regarding this position, please contact John Bratsch at [email protected]
College of Sequoias does not sponsor H-1B Visas
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/3097419/dance-professor
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency