DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusDean’s Office School of Medicine, Community Practice Unit, Depot Hill ClinicWorking Job Title: Registered NurseOfficial Job Title: Health Care Principal ProfessionalPosition #00784363 – Requisition #21497
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.School of Medicine, Community Practice Unit has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Registered Nurse Position
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family are responsible for performing a wide range of professional duties to support the university's teaching, research and/or service missions through the provision of health and wellness services, dealing with general, indirect patient care operations and management of healthcare services. Functions include hospital administration, healthcare regulatory compliance, patient relations, operational services, admissions, and medical records. Includes professional assignments in medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, counseling and behavioral health, public health, dietetics and nutrition, other allied health fields, alternative medicine and therapies, and related disciplines. Principal Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed at an advanced or expert level. Principal Professionals are either work leads over others or are considered a subject matter expert in a particular area.Position Summary:
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides high quality support to physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) in meeting the operational needs of the practice and the medical needs of the patient. The RN assesses and evaluates patient conditions, and then plans, implements, provides, and documents patient care in a manner that follows professional nursing standards and outlined practices. Examples of Work Performed:
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms and readies them for physicians; takes vital signs, records medical history/symptoms, ensures medical chart/lab test results are available and complete.
- Performs telephone triage, patient education, handling of physician phone calls, pharmacy calls; may assist by calling to set up appointments or arrange hospital tests or admissions.
- Assists physician with procedures as necessary.
- Administers immunizations and minor treatments as prescribed; records and documents all such activities in the chart.
- Performs Nurse Visits; records, documents and performs charge entry activities in the chart.
- Provides patients with preventive care measures congruent with age, sex, social determinants, and health status.
- Cleans and stocks all patient examination rooms; cleans and prepares instruments for procedures; keeps list of needed medical supplies.
- Completes paperwork such as ordering lab tests, x-rays, school/work notes, etc.
- Clean and sterilize equipment; check and restock medication cabinet as necessary.
- Respond to patient questions and concerns as liaison between physician and patient.
- Reports all test results to the patient as directed by the physician.
- Performs OSHA controls as required. Assist in performing narcotic count.
- Performs other projects and duties as related to department objectives.
- Must be able to get along with others, to be a team player, to accept constructive criticism from supervisors and be able to follow work rules.
- Utilizes current nursing practices to provide patient care while focusing on the needs of the patient and exemplifying service excellence, care, concern, respect and cooperation. As a member of a health care team, functions in the role of patient advocate by being in the position of initial contact for patient-related issues.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for professional practice and for continued education, professional growth, and self-evaluation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
- Serves as a champion for patient safety.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies (CDPHE, CMS, OSHA, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with all infection control standards.
- Participates in CU Quality Improvement (QI) initiatives and metrics.
- Participates in practice’s process and performance improvement activities and initiatives.
- Ensures that the service expectations of both internal and external customers are met and/or exceeded.
The salary range for this position has been established at $63,622 to $106,886. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program through Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- 1-2 years Nursing experience
- Licenses and Certifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN), State of Colorado
- Healthcare Provider BLS
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- 2+ years job-related/clinic experience
- RN experience in Primary Care Setting
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking
- Nursing certification (ANCC) in specialty area
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, to include physicians, leadership, and staff within the various affiliate organizations (UCH, Children’s Colorado, CU Medicine, CU SOM)
- Ability to work within large, complex healthcare systems
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to compile complex reports and develop presentations
- Ability to compose letters and memorandums
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
- Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks
- Ability to lead work teams
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and establish direction
- Ability to organize workflow
- Ability to perform basic filing, office procedures and word processing
- Ability to plan, coordinate and develop multiple projects
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Skilled job requiring high level of adaptability and interpersonal skills
Health CarePrimary Location:
May 27, 2021Unposting Date: