Business Intelligence Analyst
Kenyon College invites applications for the position of Business Intelligence Analyst. Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Operations and Technology, the Business Intelligence Analyst provides primary business intelligence and reporting support for the division. This key data role serves as chief report writer, data analyst, and business intelligence strategist in support of all enrollment and retention efforts.
- Design, develop, and manage a comprehensive data reporting environment within the Enrollment division, in partnership with central IT services (LBIS), the Office of Institutional Research and the Registrar.
- Gather business requirements from Enrollment staff on reporting needs and provide both development support and training.
- As an analyst, proactively consider what end-users need to more effectively meet their needs and provide creative and viable reporting solutions.
- Assist the Vice President of Enrollment and the Division’s leadership team in the production of presentation for the College’s Board of Trustees, Senior Staff and enrollment management committees.
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy across all data repositories and systems.
- Develop self-service data discovery and exploration functions for staff.
- Develop and maintain all data dictionaries and data documentation.
- Provide individual and group training opportunities for staff on reporting and analysis .
- Working as a data and systems team, support other platforms and technologies as needed and as part of a skill redundancy plan
- Manage data integrity and data validation reporting.
- Provide the Enrollment Team support for video conferencing, printing, desktop and hardware support.
Key Skills / Requirements
- Business Intelligence or general reporting experience.
- High degree of comfort working with all data types, calculations, formulas, and expressions.
- Deep knowledge of various database structures, data warehouses or data lakes, data importing and exporting, and data manipulation.
- Strong attention to detail specific to data accuracy.
- Strong SQL skills and understanding of SQL commands.
- Experience with data visualization and/or discovery tools.
- High degree of comfort with technology and data management/manipulation.
- Experience with writing data expressions, including in SQL.
- Experience with CRM systems (i.e Slate, FrontRush).
- Familiar with Student Financial Aid systems, such as PowerFAIDs.
- Knowledge of third-party application platforms (e.g. Coalition, Common App).
- Relevant technology experience that demonstrates a working knowledge of systems, data analysis and/or higher education admissions operations maintenance, and system development.
Remote/hybrid work environment may be an option for this position.
Kenyon College is a nationally prominent, private liberal arts college where academic excellence goes hand in hand with a strong sense of community and close relationships among students and professors.
Compensation and Benefits
Salaries at Kenyon are competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition to an attractive salary, Kenyon offers benefits for employees and their family members. Children of employees are eligible for 100% tuition waivers at Kenyon, and through the Great Lakes Colleges Association, children of employees are eligible for 85% tuition waivers at fifteen other of the nation's finest liberal arts colleges.
We also offer health and dental insurance, TIAA/CREF retirement, and many other benefits, including provisions for a spouse, families, and domestic partners. Details about benefits as well as conditions of employment are described more fully in our Staff Handbook.
Kenyon is a unique place to live and work. To discover why it should be your next home, click here.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.