*$1000 Sign-on Bonus
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and cooks dishes accompaniments according to the computerized production recipes/reports.
- Completes Display/Cook-to-Order food preparation as directed.
- Slices and weighs serving portions of meats, cheeses, etc.
- Prepares menu items for assigned catered functions.
- Creatively garnishes serving lines, buffets, and serving plates in order to make attractive presentations.
- Uses the following equipment including but not limited to: grills, meat slicer, food chopper, steam equipment, fryers, ovens, calculator and scales.
- Is aware of all meal schedules.
- Prepares food to meet all meal deadlines and maintains the highest quality and freshness possible using progressive cooking techniques.
- Responds to customer questions and concerns appropriately and accurately.
- Interacts positively with customers when display cooking and when in service areas.
- Work with the preparation and disposal of fish, poultry, beef, lamb, pork and other meat products.
- Use thermometers in the process of achieving the proper temperatures for the various products, record temperatures, and check on products being held to insure safe temperatures. Advise supervisor if temperature requirements are not met.
- Use the proper procedures to clean and to sanitize the various work areas and the large and small equipment used in production.
- Use proper hand washing techniques, wear clean uniform and hair and beard restraint, avoid direct contact with food if at all possible and use gloves and utensils when possible.
- Use the proper procedures in the storage of food. Cover, date and label food, chill food rapidly using an approved method.
- Stay current on sanitation techniques and processing affecting the work.
- Complete the NRAEF ServSafe food safety class.
- Follow UND Dining Services HACCP policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation policies which include removal of all jewelry and piercings (a plain wedding band is permissible) and wearing hair and beard restraints.
- Maintain and complete side work duties.
- Check food supplies for the following production schedules.
- Help in the menu development of specialty menus.
- Record production on the service summary sheets accurately and efficiently.
- Creates and sustains a work environment based on ethics, integrity, trust, and accountability.
- Serves as a role model to others in terms of setting the tone for acceptable behavior/conduct.
- Creates an inclusive work environment where others can motivate themselves to perform at their highest level.
- Always treats others with dignity and respect and fosters a sense of camaraderie and goodwill in dealing with others.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Required knowledge of food production and working knowledge of large quantity food service and knowledge of materials, equipment and food in business.
- Must be able to move 45-50 pounds and stand 3 to 4 hours on their feet.
- Ability to read and comprehend reports and basic math skills to complete reports.
- Optimistic attitude, high degree of integrity, and a strong work ethic.
- High school diploma or GED
- Food production experience
- Successful completion of Criminal History Records Check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position does not support visa sponsorship for continued employment.
- Two years’ experience in large-volume food production and catered events
- One year experience in short order grill production and /or display cooking
- Certification of completion of the NRA Education Foundation's ServSafe Program
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Progressive supervisory experience with all age groups
- Valid Driver’s license
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification
$20.00/hour, Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Non-benefitted, Seasonal
*$1000 Sign on Bonus to be paid to new external hires only. $250 paid on first pay check after hire. The remaining $750 will be paid upon successful completion of sixth month review period.
Work Schedule/Start Date
Full-Time Non-benefitted position for the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 Academic Year
Normal schedule Monday-Friday 12:30pm-9pm with rotating weekends
Open until filled.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.