DescriptionABOUT MGH INSTITUTE:
MGH Institute of Health Professions is a graduate school in Boston that provides entry-level and post-professional programs in Nursing, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Genetic Counseling, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant Studies. The PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences and a PhD and Master of Science in Health Professions Education have been added in recent years to meet rising demand for highly educated health care professionals, educators, and researchers. Integrating classroom learning with research and clinical experience, the Institute grants doctoral degrees, master's degrees, awards certificates of advanced study, and offers continuing education to practicing professionals.The IHP is the only degree-granting affiliate in Mass General Brigham (MGB), the largest private employer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Institute has been recognized multiple times by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For.” A leading health sciences educational institution, MGH Institute provides students with outstanding academic programs, many of which are ranked among the best in the nation.MGH Institute of Health Professions has announced an organization-wide anti-racism initiative to think boldly about race and bring together all members of the IHP community to address systemic racial injustice as well as oppression more broadly. The plan seeks to create a supportive and inclusive campus environment and better support the diverse communities the school serves. We are excited about this new initiative and are hiring employees who are committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion and will contribute to our anti-racism and anti-oppression approach. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Multimedia Developer is a member of the Institute’s instructional technology course development team and will develop high-end instructional components and media elements (i.e. graphics, photographs, videos, animations, interactions) for academic course content. Must be able to operate in in a fast-paced team environment. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple assignments and priorities simultaneously and self-manage time and deliverables in a potential hybrid workplace situation.The major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, update, and maintain information and content in an electronic format, including website information. This work includes making website information Section 508-compliant. Content may include text, graphics, video, audio, and animation.
- Design, develop, edit, and produce videos for training courses in electronic media format.
- Design, develop, edit, and produce online training courses to be published on web sites and on LMSs that conform with current industry e-learning standards, including SCORM and AICC.
- Develop scripts for multimedia (computer- and video-based) training programs.
- Collaboratively develops and implements multimedia elements (i.e. screen-recordings, audio/video production, 2D images and animation, simulations, interactive tutorials) and builds course content in authoring tools from storyboards/provided content to support and enrich online courseware. (60%)
- Applies style and formatting guidelines to ensure logic and consistency among instructional elements when creating high-end interactivities and related media elements. (10%)
- Develops tools and reusable templates for instructional development. (10%)
- Provides academic departments with expertise and assistance in media development as needed. (10%)
- Monitors course issues and completes fixes for all assigned courses within specified scope and time frames. (5%)
- Evaluates educational technologies such as emerging web standards and authoring tools and recommends and facilitates implementation as appropriate. (5%)
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Web Development, Instructional Technology, Educational Technology or a related area, or equivalent experience. Master's degree or related technology certifications. (Preferred)
- Minimum of two years of job experience demonstrating the ability to perform these responsibilities with proven track record of meeting deadlines.
- Experience working in a university environment. (Preferred)
- Ability to apply instructional design and development best practices during media and course development during ADDIE or Agile cycles.
- Expertise with media creation, graphic design and online interactive tool technology along with strong computer skills.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML5/JS, web design and technologies, current authoring tools, audio/video production and editing, and graphic design is required.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite products, and communication tools.
- D2L (Brightspace) development experience with integrating media preferred, or within other Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong oral and written communication skills.
MA-Charlestown-MGH IHPWork Locations:
MGH IHP (MGHCharlestownIHP)
36 First Avenue
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)Schedule:
Day JobEmployee Status:
May 26, 2021