26-May-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Assistant Director for Facilities Operations.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position will be the primary operational liaison between the Campus community and the Department and in the Director's absence will be required to maintain the Department's business. This position will be required to independently assess and respond to daily operational issues as required by the Director of Facilities or other internal/external agencies.
- Plans, manages, and oversees the daily functions, operations and activities related to the maintenance and operations of the University's physical resources, including maintenance and operation of buildings, facilities, grounds and equipment; manages building and exterior cleaning, grounds, upkeep, shipping and receiving, mail services and storage.
- Provide supervision of staff.
- Oversees the functioning of all building systems including systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, plumbing, and waste management.
- Oversees maintenance of varied and complex equipment necessary to maintain continuity of services, which includes the development of schedules.
- Coordinates the final acceptance of construction projects, working with contractor to develop and coordinate completion of the punch list and ensure that proper close-out documentation is in place; manages the transition of projects from construction to occupancy, including acceptance of the project manual and establishment of maintenance and replacement schedules accordingly.
- Assists with after hours and weekend emergency calls involving facilities related needs.
- Assists with USG required reporting data collections.
- Monitors energy usage and develops programs to reduce energy consumption.
- Maintains and manages warranties, service and contractor agreements as it relates to facilities and equipment management.Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.A minimum of 8 years of experience of industrial or facilities and plant operations management.
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of architectural design layout.
- Experience with CMMS software.Great communication skills and positive relationships with outside agencies, students, faculty, and staff.Knowledge of environmental and safety rules, regulations, and policies. Ability to conduct job site inspections to ensure compliance.Ability to coordinate daily activities including work scheduling, quality assurance, program validation, monitoring of maintenance and facility activities, and supervision of personnel.Demonstrated experience working with subcontractors/vendors and demonstrated ability to monitor project activities and ensure compliance with internal/external regulations.Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as, Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, as well as other technology related to facilities management.Working knowledge of at least one building trades, preferably MEP trades.Ability to follow written and verbal directions and communicate those instructions to others.
If you have any issues and/or concerns with submitting materials for this position, please contact Fort Valley State University's Office of Human Resources at [email protected] or (478)825-6301.
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com