Boston, MA Category:
Administrators Posted On:
Thu May 27 2021 Job Description:
***Director of Communication & Marketing (posted on behalf of The Massachusetts Association of Community Colleges MACC)***
- Develop, implement, and manage advocacy campaigns that include messaging strategies for traditional media, social media, internal and external talking points, press releases, op-eds, and other public outreach components. Campaigns will be targeted toward elevating the community colleges to external stakeholders in order to impact funding and public policy.
- Work with respective MACC team members to develop messaging strategies focused on legislative and workforce development efforts.
- Consult Marketing and Communications Directors at the 15 community college campuses and the Department of Higher Education on coordinated communications opportunities. Request, gather, organize, and catalog data from 15 autonomous community colleges to tell the story of community college students and alumni in Massachusetts (all campuses utilize distinct and unique data/student information systems).
- Monitor relevant social media accounts, trends, tools and applications and make recommendations to maximize community college visibility.
- Write engaging and appropriate content for the MACC website, social media platforms, communications for the MACC team, presidents, and trustees to utilize.
- Work with the MACC team to ensure the Executive Director and team are prepared and in possession of materials and information required for meetings, conferences, and other scheduled events.
- Interface, leverage and analyze data available from various state and federal agencies, and policy organizations to help inform and advise community college presidents, vice presidents, and policy stakeholders.
- Write and research on an array of issues impacting community colleges in Massachusetts.
- Attend statewide meetings and other duties and projects as assigned.
Commitment to Equity:
- Demonstrate a sincere commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community, a willingness to engage in personal learning within the office, the ability to engage in honest conversations regarding issues and policies within the community colleges and MACC office.
- Support MACC's commitment to being anti-racist; embracing a community free of bias and inequality.
- Prioritize equity and assist the MACC and its colleges in reaching goals related to improving outcomes for minoritized populations.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and students in equity and inclusion-based institutional initiatives.
- Engage in communications and policy review with a critical lens toward equity, accessibility, inclusion, and universal design.
- Refine and deliver communications that are culturally responsive and reflective of inclusive perspectives.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- At least 3 years of professional work experience in a related field
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small office environment; ability to joyfully support office colleagues and personnel across the 15 community colleges.
- Experienced multitasker who works well under pressure and can manage and meet short deadlines in an effective and productive manner.
- Strong collaboration skills at both the peer-level and leadership-level.
- Proficient in MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, and social media software required.
- Political and leadership acumen is an essential component of the position and the office overall.
Compensation: $55,000-$75,000 based on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: This Commonwealth of Massachusetts position is classified as a Non-Unit Professional and includes a complete benefit package including competitive health insurance, dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits.