ACAD - Academic Affairs Austin, TX, USA Full TimeEmail Me This Job
Director of Study Abroad
St. Edward's University invites applicants for the position of Director of Study Abroad. The Director of Study Abroad, reporting to the Faculty Director of Global Initiatives, manages St. Edward's study abroad programs, an array of faculty-led programs, exchange partners and approved third party providers. The Director of Study Abroad is responsible for the mission, goals, programs, budgets, resource management, risk management and assessment of the Office of Study Abroad. Following a Global Education faculty-staff task force report in 2020-2021 and new strategic directions of new university president, Dr. Montserrat Fuentes, the Director of Study Abroad will help lead the campus-wide conversation about how to operationalize the recommendations including: a new branded semester-long program in a Spanish-speaking location, with a focus on social justice, and a new embedded program model. To support these strategic initiatives as well as equal access to study abroad for all students under the home tuition model, the university seeks an innovative, enthusiastic, collaborative, and student-centered director of study abroad. The Director should be collaborative, visionary, innovative, enthusiastic, student-oriented, motivated, creative, and able to communicate well with students, faculty, staff, and members of the campus and global community.Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Works with the Faculty Director of Global Initiatives to develop short and long-term global initiatives that support the university's strategic goals
- Plans, manages, promotes and supports study abroad opportunities and processes in collaboration with AVPs, deans, faculty and staff
- Develops, implements and maintains the risk management and travel policies on international programs, and programs abroad policies and procedures
- Develops and maintains student-centered application, support and reentry processes in collaboration with the Student Success Center, the Dean of Students office and Student Financial Services.
- Maintains relationships with exchange partners and providers
- Works with faculty to develop, implement, recruit, evaluate, and assess faculty embedded and summer faculty-led programs
- Works with AVPs, Deans, and Department chairs to identify programs abroad that align well with each major
- Plans and manages program and office budgets
- Develops, implements and maintains program evaluation, assessment, and improvement
- Counsels and advises students who are interested in studying abroad
- Maintains the TerraDotta database of international agreements, funding sources, and programs
- Serves on call for student study abroad emergencies
- Serves as Professor of Record for SABR2150 course
- Participates in international education professional organizations to keep abreast of best practices
- Collaborates widely across the university with faculty, academic departments, staff and offices; including participation on campus committees
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree with five years of progressively responsible experience in education abroad
- Demonstrated leadership in international program management
- Experience in program development, risk management, assessment, budget management, and staff supervision
- Experience creating effective campus study abroad orientations, and reentry programs
- Experience living or studying abroad and proficiency in a second language preferred Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations.
- Ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents (students, parents, faculty, alumni, on campus staff and overseas staff and institutions) required
- Domestic and international personnel supervision and evaluation experience required
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Experience with Terra Dotta or similar software preferred.Excellent interpersonal, project management, problem-solving, and presentation skills.Proficiency with MS Word and Excel, email, and databases.Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to execute multiple tasks quickly and accurately.Ability to use discretion and tact in working with confidential/sensitive information.
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal background check required
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)
Sun Life Financial Dental Plan
Sun Life Financial Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202098
Available: Immediately Full Job Description
St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com