Director of the Health & Counseling Center
St. Edward's University
Director of the Health & Counseling Center
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position Director of the Health & Counseling Center. This position works collaboratively within the University community to provide leadership, vision, and strategic planning and management of operations for an integrated Center that includes health and counseling services. Provides leadership to wellbeing initiatives within the Center and Division of Student Affairs in service of the broader University community.Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees the development and implementation of a variety of services, programs and activities designed to address student medical and emotional health needs that contribute to overall wellbeing.
- Provides administrative oversight of the health services contract and clinical management of counseling services.
- Develops policies and procedures that are appropriate for health and counseling services.
- Oversees supervision of mental health counselors, doctoral trainees, and support staff.
- Prepares and manages the budget and negotiates contracts for health service providers and the student health insurance plan.
- Develops a departmental strategic plan and assesses goals and objectives and the overall effectiveness of programs and services.
- Oversees and participates in training, outreach, consultations and a 24/7 crises intervention system.
- Provides individual clinical supervision to unlicensed counseling staff, trainees as needed.
- Interfaces with the various areas of the Division of Student Affairs, participates as a team member on the divisional leadership team and works closely with the Vice President for Student Affairs in advancing the work of the Division.
- Participates and provides mental health oversight to the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT).
- Oversees Sexual Harassment and Violence Advocate Program for students.
- Collaborates with other campus partners as part of the Crisis Intervention Response Team.
- Adheres to professional and ethical guidelines, and ensures that the department complies with university policies, as well as state and federal laws related to health and mental health services.
- Collaborates with community partners and 3rd party vendors as needed to provide the necessary health and mental health services to the St. Edward's campus community.
- Other duties as assigned.
For consideration, a Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology or other closely related discipline from an APA accredited program with three years of post-doctoral clinical experience and in an upper level administrative leadership position required. State licensure required within 18 months. Must possess the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
Specialization and/or experience with BIPOC communities strongly preferred. Related experience in higher education and student development, five years post-doctoral clinical experience and prior experience/familiarity with delivery of medical services preferred. Spanish fluency is preferred. For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package! United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)Sun Life Financial Dental PlanSun Life Financial Vision PlanShort Term Disability (STD) Insurance Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Pet InsuranceAnnual Leave & Paid Sick LeaveRetirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%Tuition BenefitsPaid HolidaysServices & DiscountsHOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOWSponsorship:
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency