Physician Coding Quality Analyst
The Department of Pediatrics in the School of Medicine is seeking a Physician Coding Quality Analyst to join the Clinical Finance team to review physician documentation for the appropriate application of CPT/ICD10-CM coding guidelines. Will provide yearly coding updates, new provider training and other physician education as needed.Duties include:
* - Other duties may also be assigned DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Lead the planning and operations for programs or functions that have significant business, regulatory and/or technical challenges requiring subject matter expertise.
- Evaluate programs or functions, policies and procedures. Identify issues, and develop alternative solutions which may include changes to programs, policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the program or function.
- Represent the program or function within the department, unit or school. Commit resources and provide information and/or training. Represent the program or function at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Manage and contribute to the development of outreach strategy that may include relationship development, communications and compliance
- Assess training needs and may develop associated training.
- Auditing and reviewing medical documentation for appropriate CPT coding and documentation
- Perform training and education to physicians regarding coding and documentation.
- Analyze trends and provide recommendations to leadership
- Perform audits of documentation & coding of inpatient and/or outpatient professional fee services;
- Work with LPCH Revenue Cycle leadership and division faculty to improve efficiency and timeliness of billing sheet submission.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to coding policy interpretation and implementation
- Work independently; well-organized and able to set priorities with minimal direction
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong PC skills; Excel, Word, PowerPoint and internet based program
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Active CPC or CCS-P certification required. Additional CPMA certification a plus. Inpatient and Outpatient Evaluation and Management coding proficiency required.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet department goals.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge.
Active CPC or CCS-P certification required. Additional CPMA certification a plus.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency