AV Technology Specialist IILOCATION
AV SystemsDIVISION NAME
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Primarily responsible for the set-up, production, and editing of video content as required by academic and administrative departments. Assess, recommend and coordinate AV technology needs for events at various locations on campus to support university initiatives.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:
- Meet with campus constituents, as well as external customers who use venues on campus, to assess AV technology needs for campus events.
- Coordinate with colleagues in Facilities and Events Office to provide support of AV equipment for campus events and meetings.
- Edit video footage into final product for distribution to appropriate platforms.
- Duplicate and/or convert various forms of media to digital playback files and distribute to proper platform.
- Provide support for virtual events as needed.
- Provide phone, email, in person and on-site support to students, faculty and staff on supported AV systems and equipment. Assist with the resolution of technology issues experienced by users of campus AV technology.
- Expand skills to support new and emerging technologies.
- Use equipment reservation system to track equipment use.
- Support the operations of ATC poster production services as needed.
- Train users and student support staff on ATC systems and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Equivalent combination of training and technical expertise will be considered
- 1 - 3 years' experience in video production including multi-camera and single camera location shoots.
- Experience using video switchers, routers and mixers and AV recording and editing equipment for output to a variety of analog and digital media formats.
- Ability to execute full-service video production under tight deadlines. Proficiency using Adobe Premiere and Photoshop or Final Cut Pro.
- Candidate must be customer service driven, have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be able to adapt quickly to situations as they arise and work independently and as part of a team.
- Candidate must be able to work regular evening hours and weekends as assigned.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/AV-Technology-Specialist-II_R0001309
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency