Clinical Research Nurse Practitioner (APP)
The Stanford Center for Clinical Research
(SCCR) is a growing academic research organization within the Stanford Department of Medicine. Our mission is to advance impactful clinical research through quality operations.
SCCR is collaborating with the Division of Infectious Diseases and ChEM-H to launch multiple studies as part of a COVID Outpatient Clinical Trials Research Unit (CTRU). We are seeking new clinical research team members to conduct globally impactful research. You will also help build and strengthen new partnerships in collaboration with PIs, clinicians, and clinical research staff in a dynamic team.
We are looking for a professional Nurse Practitioner - Research who can assess primary medical needs to participants in clinical trials related to COVID treatments and vaccines. The NP will be responsible for assessing patient medical status and care needs, maintaining accurate and current patient and clinical research records, administering drug or vaccine per clinical trial requirements, and assessing follow-up appointments as required. The successful candidate will work as a team with our principal investigators, physicians, research nurses and clinical research team and will assist in ensuring participant safety and premium care experience during the clinical trial participation.
SCCR is seeking an NP - Research to apply medical knowledge and experience, under the direction of the principal investigator and/or research nurse manager, to oversee and direct clinical course of research participants in clinical trials. Assess physical health and administer treatments throughout the study aligned with scope of practice delegated responsibilities. Oversee study conduct and assure study participant safety.
At SCCR, we strive to find team members who are passionate about their work, flexible, fun, and want to deliver results. We place a high priority on equipping our staff to perform their job efficiently, helping them acquire new skills and grow within the organization. We encourage our team to have a healthy balance between work commitments and life outside of work and provide support to achieve this balance. If you are looking to make a large impact through global-reaching clinical research, we encourage you to apply! Visit our website to learn more about our core values and what we do.Duties include:
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ensure the safety of study participants, and maintain communication with their families/caregivers and clinicians.
- Provide clinical and administrative medical support and oversight for research clinical trials based on scope of practice; obtain complete study participant history, conduct physical exams, review medical charts, assess findings, prescribe and re-fill medication, and perform designated procedures according to written protocols.
- Collaborate with clinical staff, researchers, outside vendors, and other staff to administer treatment and study protocols.
- Assess, grade, and document adverse events; apply triage and judgment to determine course of action.
- Oversee and, as needed, administer medications and treatments per study protocol and scope of practice.
- Comply with institutional policies, standard operating procedures, and guidelines; prepare and submit documentation as required by the study protocol and study sponsor; interpret complex protocols and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate and collaborate with principal investigator to review study protocol; assess and analyze feasibility, budget projections, and staffing needs.
- Supervise and train non- clinical and clinical staff/students, as needed.
- Identify, recruit, and enroll study participants, as well as maintain study participant records; determine study participant criteria.
- Support sponsor investigator research with investigational new drug/investigational device exemption applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Spanish proficiency or fluency.
- CITI certification within the last three years. Familiarity with the EHR medical charting system.
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Prior experience working on clinical trials preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
- Bachelor's degree in nursing and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Ability to provide work direction to research support staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of good clinical practices and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the functions of the position with minimal supervision.
- Verbal and written communication skills to convey medical and research-related information to research subjects of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to identify confidential and sensitive information (written and verbal).
- Ability to implement good clinical practices in all interactions with study participants, their families, and colleagues.
- Ability to identify adverse reactions to study treatments and perform the required study protocol documentation to record these activities.
- Ability to implement study protocols with minimal supervision.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the California State Board of Registered Nursing. Certified as Nurse Practitioner by the California State Board of Registered Nursing.
- Current basic CPR certification.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, use a telephone, write by hand, and sort/file paperwork or parts.
- Occasionally reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, operate foot and/or hand controls.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), scrub/sweep/mop/chop/mix, operate a manual pipette.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California non-commercial class license and operate vehicle during daylight hours.
- May be required to work with, take specific precautions against, and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- May be exposed to blood borne pathogens.
- On call 24 hours/day.
- Frequent travel, might include international travel.
Why Stanford is for You
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency