The Department of Facilities Management supports the mission of the University of Denver's physical resources in order to provide a healthy and safe educational environment for campus community through services of the departments of Capital Projects and Planning, Facilities Management, Parking & Mobility Services, Auxiliaries & Real Estate, and Business & Operations.
This position performs a wide variety of front-line customer service to the University community and external clients. Works in the public eye answering questions, giving directions, fulfilling permit requests, and performing other such duties as is consistent with customer service. Will also aid in the coordination of special event parking and liaison between customers, enforcement, and campus safety. Responsible for the management, adjudication, and timely response to customers appealing parking citations. May assist in training new office or field personnel.
- Performs a wide variety of front-line customer service to the University community and external clients.
- Greets and provides information and materials to faculty, staff, students, and guests of the University.
- Completes customers request for services such as selling a wide variety of parking permits, paying parking citations and appealing parking citations.
- Fosters positive working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and University guests.
- Performs daily activity of the office operation including but not limited to: answering multiple phone lines, performing a wide variety of data entry (i.e., customer permit purchases, citations issued by Officers, and citation payments), responding to customer account inquiries, typing routine correspondence, processing mail, duplicating, collating and distributing department material, and making recommendations on purchases to ensure office supplies and equipment service requests are made.
- May train other office or field personnel on duties and skills associated with customer service.
- Act as an intermediary with the public.
- Must be able to address customers complaints in a professional manner while taking the necessary customer service action.
- Resolve billing disputes and keep track of accounts that are overdue and attempt to collect payment.
- Record all transactions in Power Park FLEX and ensure accuracy of billings.
- High School Diploma.
- 2 years in a customer service/billing position and/or scheduling features.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License and insurable by the University of Denver's insurance carrier.
- 4 year college degree.
- 2-5 years of parking experience including parking management software and ecommerce.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of University parking operations, knowledge of T2 PowerPark Flex, knowledge in BANNER university software.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, June 10th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 4.
The hourly rate for the position is $16.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.