Universities of Canada in Egypt (UofCanada) is a new premier institution of higher education situated in the heart of the new Egyptian administrative capital outside Cairo. UofCanada was created via recent Presidential and Parliamentary decrees and acts as the branch campus for Canadian Universities.
Ryerson University at the UofCanada Campus is preparing for the official launch of the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) programs, namely Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering, in September 2021. UofCanada invites talented academics to submit their applications for the position Mechanical Engineering Teaching Assistant.
Minimum Requirements for candidates:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science from a reputable university with a minimum grade of Very Good (GPA over 3.4)
- A Master’s degree, preferably in the area of specialization, will be an asset.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork and organizational skills
- Compassionate, positive, and professional attitude
- High level of responsibility and commitment.
- Ability to take and implement initiatives contributing to the development of the program.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of lab/tutorial classes.
- Maintains regular communications with students through office hours.
- Responsible for posting materials/assignments on student portals.
- Responsible (under supervision of course Instructor) for keeping track of and updating grade records in a timely manner.
- Responsible (in cooperation with and under supervision of course instructor) for marking assignments, projects, and midterm exams.
- Participates in different academic and development committees as assigned.
- Contributes to students’ development and extracurricular activities.
- Conducts research as part of her/his development and faculty research projects and directions.
- Other duties may be required.
Ryerson University and the Universities of Canada are strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our faculty and its scholarship.
Formal applicants for the available positions should send a cover letter, including CV to the following address and write in the subject of the email FEAS-208-MECH: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.