Universities of Canada in Egypt (UofCanada) is a new premier institution of higher learning situated in the heart of the New Egyptian Administrative Capital outside Cairo. UofCanada was created via recent Presidential and Parliamentary decrees and acts as the branch campus for Canadian Universities.
As Ryerson, UofCanada Campus is preparing for the official launch of three FCAD programs (Media Production/Sports Media and Fashion) in September 2021, UofCanada invites applicants at the rank of Teaching Assistant to the FCAD programs of Media Productions/ Sports Media in Cairo.
Minimum Requirements for candidates:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Media from a reputable university with a minimum grade of Very Good (GPA over 3.4)
- Proficiency in communication in English
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork and organizational skills
- Compassionate, positive, and professional attitude
- High level of responsibility and commitment.
- Ability to take and implement initiatives contributing to the development of the program.
Preferred Requirements for candidates:
- A degree in Media or a closely related field will be an asset.
- Professional working experience is an addition.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the preparation and class delivery of the practical parts/Tutorials of the assigned courses.
- Responsible for maintaining regular communication/facilitation with the students through office hours.
- Responsible for updating attendance records and sending absence notifications.
- Responsible for Posting materials /assignments on student portals.
- Responsible (under supervision of course Instructor) for keeping track of and updating grade records in a timely manner.
- Co- responsible (in cooperation with and under supervision of course instructor) for correction of assignments, projects, and exams
- Participates in different academic and development committees as assigned by the Vice Dean.
- Contributes to students’ development and extracurricular activities.
- Conducts research as part of his own development, as well as faculty research projects and directions.
- Other duties may be required.
Ryerson University and the Universities of Canada are strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our faculty and its scholarship.
Formal applicants for the available positions should send a cover letter & including CV to the following address and write in the subject of the email FCAD-208-MEDIA: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.