: 01-50-5086-MS ReadingLocations:
: East Longmeadow, MAPosted:
: May 26, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: AdjunctPosition ID:
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position code: ADJFC
- Job type: Part-time, Adjunct Faculty
- Type of class: Online
- Class level: Graduate
- Date class is scheduled to begin: Spring 2022
- Class schedule: Must be available during the school-day.
- Duration of class: January - June
General Summary of Position:
The Education Department at Bay Path University, East Longmeadow, Massachusetts is seeking a part-time practicum supervisor for the Reading Specialist Licensure Program to begin in January 2022. The practicum supervisor coordinates with the program coordinator in the performance of responsibilities during the practicum semester and must be available during the school day for scheduled observations.
The practicum supervisor conducts field observations, coaches and trains graduate candidates seeking reading specialist licensure. This position works collaboratively with teacher preparation faculty and site supervising practitioners in carrying out supervision protocols.
- Attend designated trainings prior to the start of the January 2022 semester provided by BPU.
- Full and active participation at all required Zoom practicum seminar meetings.
- Support supervising practitioners in implementing requirements as outlined in the official Reading Specialist Practicum Handbook in developing a profile of the candidate's performance.
- Communicate regularly with instructor and program coordinator about progress of teacher candidate(s).
- Maintain regular communication and coordinate evaluation process with supervising practitioner and teacher candidate.
- Conduct formal virtual observations (three in one semester practicum per candidate) and complete all formal observation forms as per the established guidelines.
- Conduct formal three-way meetings with supervising practitioner and teacher candidate and provide constructive feedback and coaching with deliberate practice to refine candidate performance.
- Conduct timely review and follow-up of candidate online submissions of weekly logs of hours, self-reflection forms, and evidence e-binder.
- Conduct timely review and follow-up of supervising practitioner online submissions of required weekly feedback forms.
- Submit formative and summative assessments using the CANVAS learning management system.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Massachusetts' Specialist Teachers License (Initial) Reading (Levels-All).
- Demonstrated expertise in the Science of Reading and evidence-based structured approach to literacy instruction.
- At least 10 years of public-school teaching experience with knowledge of the Massachusetts Frameworks (2017), Massachusetts Subject Matter Knowledge Objectives for Reading Specialists, Massachusetts Professional Standards for Teachers, and The International Dyslexia Association's Knowledge and Practice Standards.
- Strong communication and organization skills with demonstrated commitment to collaboration, collegiality, and inclusive practices.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for diversity.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
- Simmons University Language and Literacy, Bay Path University Reading and Literacy Instruction Graduate Degree Program or equivalent rigorous program credentials.
- Wilson Level I or Orton Gillingham Associate Level Certification.
- Academic Instructional Coaching Experience supporting teachers (in the role of mentor, coach, administrator, or teacher educator).
- Multi-media technology proficiency in Zoom and Canvas.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a part-time, temporary, non-unit, non-benefited position. Initial review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications have been received. Please include a resume/CV, transcripts, and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of two references will be required during the application process.
Please apply online. Emails or faxes of applications will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.