Job no: 494004
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
Butler University seeks a collaborative leader to join the Student Affairs team as the Assistant Director of the Efroymson Diversity Center. The Assistant Director will advance BU|BeWell by coordinating co-curricular programs and services that contribute to student belonging and success, and will provide support to student organizations housed within the Diversity Center.
- Contribute to the University's strategic goal of creating an intentionally diverse, inclusive, and equitable learning and working environment.
- Advance BU|BeWell by coordinating Diversity Center programs and services that contribute to student belonging and success.
- Create co-curricular experiences for students that promote greater cultural awareness and understanding, social justice, and culturally-relevant leadership development.
- Serve as a resource and advocate for student organizations housed within the Diversity Center. Provide training and ongoing support for student organization leaders. Work closely with faculty advisors to ensure successful operations of the student organizations.
- Provide DEI-related training for students, including multicultural mentors, student organizations, SGA, and residence life student staff, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should be a collaborative, innovative leader with a fierce commitment to supporting diverse students. A master’s degree in student affairs, higher education, or related field is required.
The successful candidate will possess the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships
- Experience working directly with students from marginalized/ underrepresented backgrounds and identities
- Understanding of college student development
- Experience advising college students
- Desire to have a high level of engagement with students
- Creative, innovative, collaborative, glass half full, can-do attitude!
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: September 02, 2021
Applications close: October 01, 2021