Director of Financial Aid May 26th 2021
Allegheny College, a small selective national liberal arts college, invites applications for the position of Director of Financial Aid. The position is full-time exempt position reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
The Director of Financial Aid will provide strategic leadership for the Office of Financial Aid and serve as a key member of the Enrollment Management division. The Director is part of a collaborative and innovative team who focus on student success through a lens of equity and inclusion and has a passion for the liberal arts.
The Director will:
- Develop and oversee execution of financial aid strategies through a process of assessment and continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and institutional laws, regulations, and policies
- Collaborate with Director of Admission and Vice President on enrollment forecasting
- Utilize data analysis and predictive analytics to inform decision making and ensure a culture of data-driven decision making in the financial aid office
- Coordinate aid packaging policies and processes
- Provide oversight of student employment
- Serve on institutional committees including retention and financial assistance/appeals
- Lead and manage 4-member financial aid team, providing professional development
- Manage day-to-day operations of the financial aid office
- Manage financial aid office budget
- Serve as the senior representative of the Office of Financial Aid, internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years in enrollment management or related field
- Previous staff leadership experience
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and being student-centered
- Prior experience at a private liberal arts institution preferred
Preferred qualifications and experiences:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of current best practices in financial aid leveraging
- Data analysis and modeling experience
- Previous experience with Colleague and/or Slate CRM
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
As one of the nation’s oldest liberal arts colleges, Allegheny College celebrated its bicentennial in 2015. A selective residential college in Meadville, Pennsylvania, north of Pittsburgh near Lake Erie, Allegheny is one of 40 colleges featured in Loren Pope’s “Colleges That Change Lives.” Allegheny also is one of the few colleges in the country that requires students to choose both a major and a minor, helping to cultivate intellectual growth and the creative, big-picture thinking desired by employers and graduate schools. In its 2020 rankings, U.S. News & World Report recognized Allegheny in the top 20 among all national liberal arts colleges for best undergraduate teaching.
The Chronicle of Higher Education ranks Allegheny as one of the best colleges in the nation to work for, specifically in the areas of compensation and benefits. Allegheny has a total undergraduate enrollment of approximately 1,800 with students from 47 states (plus AE, DC, PR, and VI) and 70 countries. The College’s picturesque location is ideal for outdoor recreation, with eight freshwater lakes, ski areas and recreational opportunities all within easy reach.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and provide contact information for three references to the Office of Human Resources, Allegheny College, 520 N. Main Street, Meadville, PA 16335 or by e-mail to [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Allegheny College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Allegheny does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.