DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Denver University Communications Senior Director of Web and Digital Strategy Position # 00784194 – Requisition #21402
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with a demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.University Communications has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Senior Director Web and Digital Strategy position.
In the heart of downtown Denver, CU Denver combines innovative research and accessible education with the advantages that only a dynamic urban environment can provide. On our campus where all are welcome, we offer the quality education that the University of Colorado is known for at an exceptional value. For nearly 50 years, we have helped 100,000+ graduates achieve their goals.University Communications advances the mission of the university, as well as its reputation and identity as a leading academic and research institution. We are looking for a Senior Director of Web and Digital Strategy with deep experience in digital strategy and marketing, and a heavy focus on web development and management, to join our team.In this role, you will oversee and manage the university’s reputation and marketing web pages including weekly and daily content cycles. You will manage a team of at least two people, partnering with content developers and applying your digital content strategy experience and best practices knowledge to deliver engaging experiences for our key audiences. Your expertise in marketing technology and tools will help build seamless audience relationships across different channels. And using your strong analytics capabilities, you will translate data and research into experiences that meet key audience needs and deliver business results. SUPERVISION RECEIVED
Vice Chancellor for University CommunicationsSUPERVISION EXERCISED
2-4 professional staff Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a commitment to equity and consistently uphold other university values.
- Effectively research, journey map, storyboard and test user experience to enhance satisfaction and improve usability for CU Denver’s reputation and marketing web pages.
- Oversee the design, development, publishing, and maintenance of CU Denver’s reputation and marketing web pages and, over time, the .edu. Lead all aspects of the web team's day-to-day operations, including fulfillment of project deliverables and problem resolution.
- Develop and work with the web team to create wireframes, concept design mockups, and produce clickable prototypes to illustrate design approaches, gain stakeholder buy-in, and ultimately, drive audience engagement to continuously improve UX.
- Create high-functioning, highly creative web pages independently with limited creative support and oversight.
- Identify, articulate, and nurture opportunities at the intersection of audience need, technical feasibility, and business objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and IT to architect and implement a technology stack of integrated marketing and digital tools to engage audiences across different channels.
- Develop and implement strategies and best practices that increase traffic and engagement, drive conversions, and demonstrate ROI. Monitor effectiveness and success metrics, quantify impact, identify opportunities, and optimize digital experiences.
- Serve as a consultant within University Communications and among campus constituents to foster effective use web and other digital strategies to promote the university and its programs and initiatives and reach desired goals.
- Identify risks and design, develop, and implement mitigation plans.
- Work with cross-functional team members to define editorial and launch calendars.
- Ensure web pages are built and maintained for SEO performance and are in keeping with accessibility, user, and other best practices.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $86,141 to $105,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications, computer science, information design, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in web and digital marketing and/or web design/development with significant, hands-on experience in implementation and management.
- Prior experience managing a range of web and digital experience positions.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- At least five (5) years of experience managing a range of web and digital experience positions.
- Master’s degree in digital media, web development/design, information design, marketing, or a related field.
- Understanding of, or direct experience in, college enrollment marketing (demand and/or lead generation), youth marketing, and/or fundraising.
- Experience working for an ecommerce, technology, or media company in a digital marketing or marketing operations capacity.
- Experience working with enterprise systems in complex organizations.
- Experience leading major website redesigns and implementations.
- Experience that demonstrates a successful track record delivering exceptional audience experiences based on data and insights that deepen engagement and drive business outcomes.
- Experience working closely with IT departments of major organizations and distributed units.
- Strong technical knowledge and demonstrated experience in evaluating and implementing tools and technologies to improve audience experiences and support business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and leverage best practices and trends in digital marketing and digital media.
- Deep understanding of web development, design, and other web best practices, including personas, user journeys, and responsive/adaptive web design.
- Understanding of search engine optimization and marketing, ad serving platforms, and APIs.
- Demonstrated understanding of online user behavior and an ability to apply insights to develop experiences that enhance the university’s brand and support its strategy.
- Deep knowledge and experience in Drupal, WordPress, Sitefinity and other content management systems and in HTML and other forms of coding.
- Demonstrated understanding of Google Analytics and other digital analytics tools; exceptional analytical abilities to drive insights and business outcomes.
- Knowledge of WCAG and ADA standards, GDPR and other privacy regulations, and general best practices for web content, with experience putting practices in place to meet these requirements.
- Ability to use Adobe Creative suite and similar software, including the ability to edit images and video.
- Versatile content creation skills, with the ability to produce quality digital assets across formats.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once while operating against tight deadlines and working productively with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presenter of ideas, concepts, and proposed digital directions.
- Flexible team player with excellent time management and communication skills.
- Problem solver with a talent for approaching complex challenges with a positive outlook.
Sep 17, 2021Unposting Date: