Janitor/Custodian, Custodial Services Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsJanitor/Custodian, Custodial Services - Georgetown University Law Center
performs general and specific cleaning and maintenance tasks to provide a clean, safe and pleasant physical environment. Reporting to the Manager of Custodian Services, theJanitor/Custodian
has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Performs general and specific cleaning and maintenance tasks to provide a clean, safe and pleasant physical environment.
- Performs other duties assigned - for example, furniture moving, office cleaning, class room cleaning, restroom cleaning, exterior entrances cleaning, emergency support, supporting special event set up and break down, and cleaning all public spaces.
- Performs duties using tools, equipment, and supplies of the trade.
- Complies with policies and practices, participates in a professional manner, and demonstrates flexibility regarding scheduling work for team members.
The Janitor/Custodian is designated as an Emergency employee, requiring availability and willingness to work during emergency situations such as staffing shortages, snow removal, inclement weather, and water damage clean up.Current Georgetown Employees:
- Strength and endurance to perform a variety of physical labor, such as bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, and scrubbing
- Ability to sit, walk and stand while working, and to use arms and hands to lift and carry as much as fifty pounds of material and/or custodial equipment
- Willingness to observe safety rules and regulations that meet state, federal, and local governing jurisdictions
- Use of reading, writing, and conversing in English to understand and follow product label instructions, policies and procedures, and other written guidance - and to effectively discuss custodial and other professional matters with supervisors and others
- Good attitude and customer service orientation.
- Possess a current, valid driver's license in Virginia, Maryland, or District of Columbia, and, if hired, qualify to drive a University vehicle and conform to University Driving Policy
- High School diploma or equivalency preferred
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Law-Center/Janitor-Custodian--Custodial-Services---Georgetown-University-Law-Center_JR10264
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency