Job location: Davie Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10309 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Nursing at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Assistant Dean of Executive and Continuing Education and Academic Practice Partnerships, Davie, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Assistant Dean of Executive and Continuing Education and Academic-Practice Partnerships reports directly to the Dean; and oversees all operations of Executive Education, Self-Supporting, and Continuing Education in the College of Nursing (these CON programs will be referred to as “self-supporting” henceforth).
The Assistant Dean has ultimate responsibility for delivering the best possible experience to self-supporting programs.
The Assistant Dean position is primarily focused on direction, operation, administration and development of all CON self-supporting programs.
In addition, the position manages the admission process and has administrative oversight for all CON self-supporting programs.
Responsibilities with students:
- Oversee all administration, operation and direction of the CON self-supporting programs. Responsibilities include recruiting, advising, retention, and overall student satisfaction. Also responsible to manage the recruitment and admission of students.
Responsibilities with CON Leadership and faculty:
- Work with CON leadership to recruit and assign external and internal faculty to teach courses relating to the self-supporting programs.
- Work with faculty and adjuncts on developing course curriculum.
- Oversee and approve additional compensation forms as appropriate for full-time faculty.
- Manage the timely preparation of full-time faculty and adjunct contracts, procure textbooks, provide audiovisual equipment for classroom use and manage classroom logistics and scheduling.
- Work with Associate Dean, Assistant Deans, and Program Directors to schedule course offerings to maximize capacity.
- Works closely with clinical coordinator to strengthen clinical partnerships with hospitals, clinics and community organizations to facilitate excellence in clinical education.
- In collaboration with the Dean, Associate Dean of Academic Programs, and Assistant Deans, participates in accreditation activities, including organization of records and documents, preparation of reports and communication with accrediting bodies/agencies.
- In collaboration with the Dean, organizes and facilities regular meetings with CNOs and clinical nurse educators.
Responsibilities with programs/operations:
- Develop and implement the strategic vision for CON self-supporting programs.
- In collaboration with advisors, program coordinators and Directors, responsibilities include overseeing recruitment, advising, retention, and ensuring overall student satisfaction (for CON self-supporting programs).
- Manages the day-to-day operations and activities related to the student life cycle for CON self-supporting programs. This includes; course scheduling and class set up, faculty scheduling, enrollment management/registration, financial aid, payment processing, collections, grades, and activities related to graduation.
- Oversees program directors and coordinators and ensures continuous contact with students to resolve any issues or concerns to make sure that their needs are met.
- Oversees tuition transfers into departmental accounts.
- Collaborates with Center for Online and Continuing Education, college committees and Provost Office on securing all required approvals for CON self-supporting programs and continuing education programs.
- Establishes and maintains work-flow procedures within the self-supporting programs office, other FAU offices and departments.
- Oversees processing of faculty contracts with dual compensation forms, employee contracts and honorariums for visiting professors.
- Oversees the process of invoices and payments for all vendors with the controller's office.
- Effectively uses all FAU systems to provide quality control within the department/College as it relates to the self-supporting programs.
Responsibilities with Facilities:
- Participates in decisions related to maintenance and operation of the buildings and infrastructure, technology operations and replacement, architectural design and renovation of Executive Education Facilities.
- Teaches at least one course per semester, as appropriate.
- Serves on college and university committees, as appropriate.
Earned degree from an accredited institution in one of the following: PhD in Nursing, DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice) or MBA and five years of related/appropriate experience required.
Must have excellent communication skills.
Demonstrated administrative and managerial skills, and experience in supervision.
Experience planning, implementing, and sustaining comprehensive community outreach programs is highly desirable.Salary:
$120,000College or Department:
College of NursingLocation:
DavieWork Days and Hours:
2021-07-18-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
This position is open until filled and may close without prior notice.
All applicants must apply electronically to the currently posted position on the Office of Human Resources' job website (https://fau.edu/jobs) by completing the required employment application for this recruitment and submitting the related documents.
The site permits the attachment of required/requested documentation. In addition to completing the online application, please upload the following: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and copies of official transcripts scanned into an electronic format.
PLEASE NOTE: A maximum of five (5) documents may be attached to your application. If more than five (5) documents are required for submission, please combine additional documents into one attachment to not exceed the maximum permitted.
Degrees from outside the United States must be validated by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES), with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from (official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts). The evaluation should be scanned and electronically attached to one's application as with other US-based transcripts.
Prior to appointment, the candidate must submit official, sealed transcripts from all institutions where graduate coursework was attempted, whether or not a degree was obtained, as well as an original NACES evaluation, if applicable. Transcripts must be issued to Florida Atlantic University not to you as the student.
A background check will be required for the candidate selected for this position. This position is subject to funding.
Individuals requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.