Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Business Advisor, 10,000 Small Businesses Grant
position. The Business Advisor (BA) for the grant-funded Goldman Sachs Ten Thousand Small Business Program at Community College of Philadelphia provides structured business, guidance, advising, and mentoring support to program participants ("scholars"), as well as supporting the 10KSB team in all program and grant deliverables. Business Advisors participate in the Babson created curriculum program modules working with the Education Services Director, and participate in relevant program training. S/he works with scholars to assist in the development of their growth plans and helps them complete the program. The BA connects scholars to external business support services. S/he connects and networks with local and national partners to ensure successful outcomes for scholars and for the Philadelphia site. The BA participates in outreach, program scholar recruitment, program visibility, the applicant review process, alumni engagement, and Program reports, and other requested deliverables from the funder.
This is a temporary, grant-funded position. Employment is based on the continuation of grant funding.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Minimum five (5) years of direct experience in demonstrated experience in small business ownership, entrepreneurship, or engagement, and demonstrated experience in understanding functional areas of business operations, including small business finance.
• Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
• Successful experience in working on a team is required.
• Strong computer skills, including knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required.
• Works in a collaborative and supportive manner within the classroom and in advising sessions to help the scholars complete the program and program deliverables.
• Understands and values the importance of metrics through measurement and evaluation activities.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree with a concentration in the business-related area preferred.
• Master's degree in business or related area is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience as a business advisor, consultant, coach, or mentor is preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of the comprehensive community college mission is preferred.
• Knowledgeable of the broad tristate small business, economic development, and entrepreneurial community are preferred.
• Familiarity with the 10KSB program and Babson designed curriculum preferred.