Adjunct Lecturer, Media + Design: Advertising, Digital Marketing & Public RelationsLocation:
New Orleans Area and RemoteOpen Date:
Jun 8, 2022Description:
The Advertising, Public Relations, and Digital Media and Marketing Communications Programs at Tulane University’s School of Professional Advancement (SoPA) seeks qualified individuals for its part-time Adjunct Lecturer pool and welcomes applicants at any time. The specific courses involved will vary from semester to semester; openings to teach these courses develop on a periodic basis depending on department teaching needs. SoPA courses may be taught at the Uptown campus, Elmwood campus or online.
The anticipated need is for Adjunct Lecturers to teach undergraduate courses in Advertising, Digital Media and Marketing Communications, and Public Relations Programs that may include but are not limited to the following:
- Business of Advertising, Media Planning & Buying (Advertising)
- Content Creation (Advertising, Digital Marketing)
- Corporate and Crisis Communication (Public Relations)
- Digital Marketing (Analytics, SEO, SEM, CRM, etc.)
- Media Relations (Public Relations)
- Non-profit Communication (Public Relations)
- Portfolio (Advertising, Digital Marketing and Public Relations)
- Research (Public Relations)
- Strategy (Advertising, Digital Marketing and Public Relations)
- Writing (Public Relations)
For a complete list of program areas, please visit: https://sopa.tulane.edu/degrees-programs/programs-study/media-design.
For a complete list of courses within the Advertising, Digital Media & Marketing Communications and Public Relations program, please visit: https://catalog.tulane.edu/courses/mdes/.
Please apply here if your content expertise is in any of the aforementioned areas.Qualifications:
- M.A. or M.F.A. In your content area of expertise OR;
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of professional experience in your field;
- A portfolio of work and your students’ work (if applicable);
- Several years of professional experience directly related to course offering
- University-level teaching experience is preferred
Candidates must apply in Interfolio and provide an updated CV and link to portfolio website. Additional materials for submission may include sample syllabi of courses taught, teaching evaluations from courses taught, letters of recommendationEqual Employment Opportunity Statement:
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Tulane University is located in New Orleans - a city with tremendous history of diverse cultures, community, and languages. Tulane is actively building a campus culture grounded in our values of EDI and anti-racism. We seek and welcome candidate applications from historically underrepresented groups, such as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and those living with disabilities as well as veterans.
Tulane University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution committed to excellence through diversity. Tulane University will not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state, or local law. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.