Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-038358 Job Title
University Space Planning & Utilization ManagerAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
AVP - Finance & AdministrationProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The University Space Planning & Utilization Manager is responsible for managing the usage of space in Texas A&M University-Commerce buildings in both Commerce and remote sites; coordinates allocations and requests for additional space; manages planning and conceptual design for space use change or improvement, and or assists in planning and design for reconfigured or new space. Assists with the monitoring of educational building and space (classrooms and laboratories) utilization and collection of related data which is used by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) as the basis for space use efficiency studies and funding decisions. Maintains and monitors energy uses campus-wide and assists with development of energy efficiencies and reporting. Assists with oversight of deferred maintenance reporting and capital plans.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes University space utilization criteria in accordance with Texas A&M University System and State guidelines. Maintains the University's space inventory database and prepares necessary reports as required by THECB (including CBM011 and CBM014). Coordinates with the Registrar’s Office to review the CBM005 submission. Remains current on all THECB rules, regulations, and reporting requirements as related to facility utilization and maintenance. Keeps department and division management informed of any changes to the rules and provides recommendations for appropriate action.
- Assists with deferred maintenance reporting and planning. Responsible for the preparation and submission of the Campus Condition Index report. Completes the Sources & Uses - Utility report and the Private Use Survey as required by TAMUS and THECB.
- Makes recommendations to the University Space and Facilities Advisory Committee (SFAC) regarding space utilization and allocation. Along with the SFAC, provides recommendations to Executive Team for consideration.
- Helps review classroom condition, makes recommendations, and aids in identifying funding sources, for renovations and enhancements on campus, working with appropriate offices, such as CITE and Safety.
- Responsible for maintaining and overseeing ENERGY accounts consisting of Classroom Upgrades/Student Engagement Areas, SUE (Space Usage Efficiency) Compliance, and Energy Conservation Measures.
- Maintains current list of building function codes and space utilization codes and communicates this information as needed to department personnel for their completion of space utilization change forms. Maintains the University Facility Utilization webpages.
- Conducts studies, researches, compiles data and prepares comprehensive facilities use and feasibility data to be used for campus planning, capital improvement, and long-range planning. Analyzes impact of new construction, renovation, and various remodeling on space planning.
- Responsible for updating and reporting of buildings to Texas Historical Commission.
- Keeps department and division management informed of changes in space utilization and makes recommendations for strategic utilization of facility space to maximize availability and usage. Manages or assists in the planning of projects involving space use change, from initial data gathering meetings with customers, to completion of conceptual design.
- Serves on the THECB’s Peer Review Team as they conduct periodic assessments of peer university compliance with THECB facility reporting requirements. Assists with and acts as point of contact for any external, annual facility assessments.
- Prepares the capital planning and related reporting to various agencies, such as the Capital Expenditure Plan (MP1) due to the THECB, and the annual Capital Plan for the System Board of Regents.
- Tracks and monitors utility consumption. Works with internal and external users to develop recommendations to improve energy efficiencies. Works with Environmental Manager regarding conservation and renewable energy programs. Provides oversight for third-party energy performance contract. Responsible for energy reports to the State and University and State of Texas mandated reporting, such as SB700.
- Serves as liaison to Texas A&M University Office of Utilities and Energy Services.
- Assists the Vice President for Finance and Administration office with new building projects, providing additional guidance on critical decisions regarding the building plans.
- Participates in sustainability initiatives across campus.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Six (6) years of related experience (direct and/or combination of direct and indirect experience with transferrable skills). Skills in project management and effective use of technology in regards to capital projects and space planning. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals within the University community, as well as other universities and external organizations. Must be proficient in spreadsheet and database applications. Must demonstrate excellent organizational, planning, communication, and strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Must be able to set priorities independently in order to meet external deadlines and commitments as well as the needs of the organization.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: NA
- Physical Requirements: NA
- Other Requirements: NA
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Experience with construction, utilities, capital projects, space planning, facility maintenance and reporting. Related work experience at a Texas higher education institution.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
May supervise student workers and/or graduate assistants.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.