Title: 9. 5 month - Faculty, Biology (Microbiology) - Tenure Track
Job no: 492770
Salary: $40,170 - $53,970
Job Summary: Provides academic instruction and student academic support for the Science department. Performs tasks designed to ensure the quality and consistency of academic instruction including governance activities.
Master’s within the Biological Sciences with demonstrated course work and/or teaching experience in microbiology.
Willingness to teach day, evening, weekend, and on or off-campus classes.
Licensing Requirements: Please note that all teaching faculty are required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm(and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $40,170 - $53,970
Job Specific Task List:
- Teaches assigned Biology courses.
- Participates in curriculum development and maintenance.
- Provides academic support and advising to students including establishing and maintaining a schedule of office hours.
- Participates in college governance by serving on joint, ad hoc, faculty, campus, division and discipline committees.
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of new faculty through participation on assigned search committees.
- Participates in college and community service activities.
- Participates in professional growth activities and maintains awareness of new trends and developments within areas of instructional responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate, plan, organize, and instruct academic courses according to approved course syllabus.
- Provide high quality and consistent academic instruction to students. Provided high quality academic support and advising to students.
- Keep students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance requirements.
- Keep students informed about their progress through prompt grading of papers and other work.
- Maintain accurate and complete scholastic records, including attendance records.
- Maintain scheduled office hours.
- Ensure that assigned classes are held as scheduled.
- Organize and maintain class work and assignments.
- Strive for the qualities delineated in the criteria for faculty evaluation used by the college.
- Be thoroughly familiar and comply with all college policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work in a professional, collegial, and team-oriented manner.
Job Type: Full-Time 9 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:ExcellenceWe set high goals and achieve them.We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.We provide exceptional service to all.InnovationWe challenge the status quo.We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: May 24, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 27, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time