Grants and Contracts AssociatePosition Number:
00036820Working Position Title:
Grants and Contracts AssociatePosting Type:
Sponsored Programs AdminPrimary Function:
This position is responsible for all budgeting, accounting, monitoring, compliance, cash management, financial and other non-technical reporting, and auditing functions relating to sponsored agreementsDuties and Responsibilities (generally):
The person in this position works under the direction, training, and supervision of the Assistant Director, with the goal of achieving a large degree of latitude in exercising individual judgment while complying with Federal, State, and University fiscal policies and practices.Minimum Required Qualifications for this position:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, economics or a field related to the position.
Must demonstrate at least one year of experience working with budgets, spreadsheets, and financial processes in an office setting.Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications):
Must demonstrate at least one year of experience working with budgets, spreadsheets, and financial processes in an office setting.Education and Experience Preferred:
Master’s degree in a field related to the position;Working Hours:
CPA, CRA, or CFRA;
Experience working in research administration in a higher education setting;
Post award grants experience including financial reporting and cost accounting;
Knowledge PeopleSoft, InfoEd, OnBase;
Experience with data analytics and database reporting.
37.5Minimum Pay Rate (Hourly or Monthly):
$3,750 per monthHiring Rate Information:
Actual hiring rate is commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity; position includes a robust benefits package to eligible applicants.Posting Date:
06/24/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Link to Department Homepage:
- Fully complete the Education and Work History sections of the application. Be specific on your entire work history, including employment dates and duties for all positions held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered toward qualifying for this position, however, it will be converted to a full-time equivalency to determine combined length of experience.
- If you have education and/or training in excess of what is required, we encourage you to upload your unofficial transcripts.
- After the posting has closed, your submission will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the classification, including any specialty factors associated with this particular position.
- Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application. Emails will be generated from [email protected] and [email protected]. Please add these emails to your address book to ensure timely delivery of any future communication.
- We STRONGLY recommend that contact information used in your online profile be personal use, not professional/work information: personal email address, home address, and phone numbers. The information you provide is used to make contact on search updates, department referrals and interviews, etc. We must be able to relay sensitive and important information in a way that protects your privacy concerning job search activity, now and in the future.
- The Civil Service examination for this classification is a Credentials Assessment, and is based on your application materials as submitted for this posting. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the hiring department for interview.
- Once this position has been filled, all names will be removed from the employment register in accordance with State Universities Civil Service System rule 250.60(h)(10).
- If eligible for Veteran’s Preference Points, DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256 paperwork reflecting an Honorable Discharge MUST be uploaded to this application in order to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service examination.
- Click on Gratns and Contracts Associate for more information including salary ranges, typical duties, minimum acceptable qualifications, and testing requirements.
- Please click Human Resource Services – Benefits for detailed information about Northern Illinois University’s benefits package.
- Employment is contingent upon your passing a criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Division of Research and Innovation PartnershipsEEO Statement:
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX CoordinatorIs Background Check Required:
Health Services 230
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.ADA Accommodation:
NIU remains committed to ensuring that its recruitment and application procedures include full opportunities for applicants with disabilities. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make accommodations for a person’s disability during either the application or interview process. An applicant who believes they require an accommodation to participate in the employment process due to a disability may request that accommodation through the Accommodation Request Form. For further assistance, please contact the office of Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Education (AAEOE) at [email protected].Clery Act Information:
NIU provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu/clery or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.niu.edu/clery/fire_report.pdf or by contacting the Environmental Health and Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.Quick Link: